• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

textile jacket repair

Alistair

Does anyone know of e a place I can send my Commuter3 jacket to get repaired after suffering a visit with the tarmac?

You might try looking around your neighborhood for a tailor or someone who does alterations. Not many people want to tackle that kind of thing and the only mfg's I know that will fix their product post crash is Aerostich and Vanson. I think Motorport might, but I'm not sure.

My son's jacket and pants got the worse end of a crash on Memorial Day. The only place we could find that would even attempt a repair was a shoe repair place. The guy sewed patches over the road rash areas and repaired the stitching in others.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yeah, Rainy Pass was mentioned to me when my Rev'IT pants got melted from my muffler. I didn't send them away, because I found a lunch box with the same type of material.

Part of the issue is that std sewing machines aren't real good at handling the thick stuff bike gear is made of- takes equipment made for it. A shoe repair place obviously has sewing gear that easily handles any fabric but your neighborhood tailor may not or may not want to use his equipment on such stuff.

You might also check with local EMT's, fire or law enforcement people. They may have heavy duty clothing to which they have added reflective tape or needed repairs.

Not motorcycle gear, but I had excellent results when I took my sailing "foulies" to a local awning shop; heavy duty sewing machines is the ticket. If there is a sail repair shop near you try them. An upholstery shop might be worth a call as well.

edit - just did a google search; try the West Marine store @ 1850 E Ridge Rd, Ste 12, Rochester, NY. They'll know who can help you out locally.

Back