• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

short shocks for the 1150

Sue

Friend of the Marque
Just a short note that I am selling the shortening kit for my R1150gs..... Works Performance Shocks.
I am 5'3" and these made it possible for me to ride that bike anywhere I wanted to. Right up until I lowsided her. (oops)

Sorry for the spam. I am also listing this on the Flea market.

<<<EMAIL SUE>>>

Just a short note that I am selling the shortening kit for my R1150gs..... Works Performance Shocks.
I am 5'3" and these made it possible for me to ride that bike anywhere I wanted to. Right up until I lowsided her. (oops)

Sorry for the spam. I am also listing this on the Flea market.

<<<EMAIL SUE>>>

Well, not quite everywhere a person ought to want to ride that bike, but that would be piling on misfortune so I won't but wish I could.

Get back on that real BMW and ride the heck out of that K75. And get your butt and the rest of yourself down here to the Big Bend so I can make sure that K75 is safe for you to ride. For references, ask Harmonica Bob how sweet it is down here. He'll tell you. I might even forget how "average" you are, or at least quit publicizing the fact my dear friend, Very Average Sue!!

Well, not quite everywhere a person ought to want to ride that bike, but that would be piling on misfortune so I won't but wish I could.

Get back on that real BMW and ride the heck out of that K75. And get your butt and the rest of yourself down here to the Big Bend so I can make sure that K75 is safe for you to ride. For references, ask Harmonica Bob how sweet it is down here. He'll tell you. I might even forget how "average" you are, or at least quit publicizing the fact my dear friend, Very Average Sue!!

There are only a few people who could tease me about my misfortune ... and you are one of them. :)

The K75 may need a new Master Cylinder, I am afraid. The front brake lever has little-to-no compression. We cleaned out the handlebar connection, which was full of icky, goopy spew. (Paul - - These are technical terms you may not be familiar with.) Cleaning that did help to some degree.... but I see a winter project with my brakes.
On the other hand - - who the hell needs brakes, anyway?

I am healing fine after the near-death experience. Who knew you could lose 2 liters of blood into your abdomen THAT quickly? I would love a trip to Big Bend - - that darned thing about not having enough vacation time keeps rearing its ugly head. (sigh)

Back