• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Bmw is starting to suck

My history with BMW

In 1987 when I bought my first bike (a k75) I bought it from a small BMW bike dealer. I never had a problem with the shop, if I wanted something done it got done with no hassle and this went on till the shop went out of business.
When I bought my Z3 in 2000 it was bought through a larger BMW car dealer and all I got from them was a lot of head aches.
Now the only way to get anything BMW is from a large dealer whether it be a bike or car it will be from the same dealer. There is nothing personal anymore as you are a number. I think there thoughts are we need them more than they need us.
Well, if it was not for us they would not exist, they need us. I have also found that if you call BMW Canada (or North America) generally nothing happens except you get put on a list with a red mark on your name and nothing gets done because they always tell me to deal with the dealer.

One Month's Payment

My C650GT took about 35 days to get the computer replaced when the bike refused to start. After I got my bike back, the dealership emailed me a survey. In it I mentioned how my extended warranty they sold me only covered a fraction of the car rental while my bike was in the shop. In the end the dealership service manager sent me a check covering one-month's payment on my scooter. Three cheers for San Diego BMW Motorcycles.

My C650GT took about 35 days to get the computer replaced when the bike refused to start. After I got my bike back, the dealership emailed me a survey. In it I mentioned how my extended warranty they sold me only covered a fraction of the car rental while my bike was in the shop. In the end the dealership service manager sent me a check covering one-month's payment on my scooter. Three cheers for San Diego BMW Motorcycles.
Nice to hear good news!
Welcome to the forum!
Gary

While it is disheartening to hear about supply issues for one part, it's certainly not unheard of in the car world, and even more so in the motorcycle world. To give you a real world example, our ford Taurus Interceptor has been the BIGGEST POS fleet vehicle our department has ever had. It's spent more time at the dealer then on the road. It'll have an issue and sit for 4-6 weeks waiting for parts. Apparently the idiots in Dearborn forgot to establish a parts supply when they started production. And the Taurus has been in fleet service in the US since 2012. Completely unacceptable. I was glad reading to the end that they stepped up and did the right thing. Good for them.

The new and improved 2014

As i said in another forum: It's been a up and down heartbreak with my scooter, but in the end, BMW did the right thing and replaced my scooter with a new 2014 replacement scooter.

Thank you all for your support.

Joe

So how do you like the new Urban Mobility Vehicle?

Ask for a One Month's Payment on Your Bike

I can't say enough about San Diego BMW Motorcycles. For the second time they paid one of my monthly payments on my bike.

My bike was again in the shop for over a month. The delay was due to parts shipping from the assembly line. After the repair, I filled out a survey for San Diego BMW Motorcycles. I mentioned that the car rental expense was huge and that the extended warranty that they sold me only began to cover the expense. A day later their service manager called me and asked if I would like for him to see if BMW would make one of my monthly bike payments. A month later, the payment was made.

If you're bike is in for warranty repairs for over a month, I suggest asking the service manager if its possible that BMW would make one of your bike payments. It's worth a try.

Just came from the shop in Pensacola earlier this week. Talked to Max Holmer one of the master techs while he was working on a scooter. He was replacing the entire engine, second one this month. He explained that you can't piece-mile the engine, it has to be replaced. BMW was paying for it, 100%. Under warranty. Sounds like another dealer may have tried to save a buck at the expense of the owner. Jus specalating...

I'm a bit surprised. Why would the whole engine need to be replaced rather than fixing one part of it. Kind of expensive. And that would be for BMW too, if it is still under warranty. Two in a month seems pretty amazing also. These scooters have gotten very good reviews in the press. Of course that's riding them, not fixing them.

So far I have had the water pump, switches (twice) and now tensioner (twice) fail. The switches..OK...it happens, water pump and tensioner (jumped a tooth on the second failure)...that's some important stuff

52 days WOW that is just too much!! BMW are letting people down with dumb sh** like this bad service but awesome vehicles

Back