• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Ever watch the satellites?

Annie loves to view such heavenly events and is forever waking me up to go outside and watch with her. Unfortunately for her, the viewable events for the past year or so have mostly been masked by cloudy skies, as it appears this one will be.

Annie loves to view such heavenly events and is forever waking me up to go outside and watch with her. Unfortunately for her, the viewable events for the past year or so have mostly been masked by cloudy skies, as it appears this one will be.

But at least it is a "big" cloudy sky. :)

Rhonda and I marveled over the two planets in close proximity through shaky binoculars. Impressive. Clear skies here for a change, we got to see it above the tree line in our driveway.

This is a very slow motion event. The two planets will be close together for quite a few days, so keep an eye out for a clear night. With decent binoculars you should be able to see several of Jupiter's moons.

Cheers, Ken

Clear sky here in North Alabama also. Suzi tried to focus with a 300mm lens but it's still a little blurry. Still very impressive to see a historical event.

Reports are that with reasonable magnification and clear conditions, there is quite a bit to see.
OM

Annie called our SIL and told him about the celestial goings on. He set up his spotting scope and the moons were visible. While viewing six year old first grader Jack starts reeling off the names of moons. I don’t know if he got them right, but he has a much better chance of being accurate than I do.

I used to watch the spaceship races 50 years ago, at least that is what we told her parents we were doing.

We did see it with the naked eye, but also watched it via YouTube from the University of Texas McDonald Observatory. They did an hour or more long special using their telescope(s) and astronomers to do a really great show and tell. I suspect the YouTube video is available to see.

Planets

8A18451A-0F45-4FB3-8544-0DABD358F628.png

First shot taken with cannon 190 point and shoot zoomed out in night mode
2nd and 3rd shots wife took with IPHONE but had to go with less resolution to get thin to load and still got rotation and when you expand can’t see both planets but they were both visible to naked eye
The sky was crystal clear
Location Staunton, Illinois

51732687-ED00-405E-9779-3FA79B73D323.jpg

Attachments

• E901EF5E-D06F-4747-8150-B8666982958C.jpeg
    E901EF5E-D06F-4747-8150-B8666982958C.jpeg
    89.9 KB · Views: 135
Back