Thread: Just a general question

Just a general question

If it's not out of line?

Has anyone here ever had, or considered stem-cell therapy for [any] condition? I am considering it for arthritis.

I am not asking anyone to make life's decisions for me..And not seeking medical advise from a motorcycle news group....Just interested in perhaps, actual knowledge ? or experience ?

Appreciate any & all replies.
    Ron Prior {AMA member ,MOA member}
    Milford,Oh
    2002 KLT
    2004 Roadster

Never had it offered or recommended.........What kind of arthri****?....What does it help with?

Quote Originally Posted by DennisDarrow View Post
    Never had it offered or recommended.........What kind of arthri****?....What does it help with?
    Have read quite a bit on it and it can {reportedly} help with many issues. Arthritis is primarily a result of excess / extreme inflammation. Inflammation is also noted as a root cause in conditions such as heart disease , diabetes etc. Even some eye conditions are attributed to it. The rejuvenated [stem] cells combat this inflammation. Stem cells are your own, taken from bone marrow or fat...separated from the blood mix, through a process in a centrifuge, then re-injected as pure cells . These cells appear to have the ability to adapt to become part of the tissue in the inflamed area , and combat the disease , essentially becoming the [new] tissue, cartilage , etc.

They tell me, my arthritis is not just/only, in my joints but my spine as well...spinal stenosis [narrowing of the spinal canal] causing nerve irritation , and Aynkolosing spondylosis [ an inflammatory disease that, over time, can cause some of the vertebrae in your spine to fuse. This fusing makes the spine less flexible and can result in a hunched-forward posture.

So, in a nut shell,multiple joint replacements , and spinal surgery just do not sound like something I'd like to face . As such I am researching alternatives.
    Ron Prior {AMA member ,MOA member}
    Milford,Oh
    2002 KLT
    2004 Roadster