• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

1993 K1100 LT question

nickrides

Nick Kennedy
Hi Gents
I'm kinda getting over getting myself overheated during the summer months on my 1990 K 75 RT.
Is a 1993 K1100 LT any better is this rider getting cooked dept.?
I'm riding in the desert S.W. alot.
I want a K bike with ABS 2 that is not going to cause me to have heat stroke. What's good, cheap, fast? Full fairing for me.
Thanks in advance
Nick Kennedy

I have had both a '95 K75RT and '97 K1100LT. The K1100LT was hotter. Sorry, no relief there. I had two sets of Baker Air Wings on my 1100 and it helped a little but I still got cooked. That fairing is just so effective at creating a dead air space that I got no useful breeze at all.

If you like your K75RT, then I would look for a K75 standard and put a decent winshield on it, or get a K75S and put the "C" bars on it.

p.s. I practice what I preach. At the moment I have a K75RTP and two standards. Voni has an S.

Back