• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Rukka M/C Wear?

ricochetrider

Out There Somewhere
I was in Europe this summer and some of my friends have Rukka motorcycle clothing. It's quite heavy duty, weather proof, and extremely durable...
needless to say, also very (by my standards) expensive. All the same, I am considering buying some pants and a jacket.
Seems there is but a single U.S. retailer- Revzilla, who appear to have a showroom in Philadelphia. Due to sizing differences between EU and US, I may make a day trip down there to try on some Rukka stuff before plunking down my hard earned cash.

Anyone have any experience with this brand of gear?

You are best to go to Revzilla and try it on however, call first. Often they ship direct from other locations and may not have what you need on hand. And it's my understanding that Rukka is cut very small.

You are best to go to Revzilla and try it on however, call first. Often they ship direct from other locations and may not have what you need on hand. And it's my understanding that Rukka is cut very small.

Yeah. I figure on a day trip to Philly sometime in the near future to look at sizes and talk to them about Rukka gear. Never bought anything from Revzilla- but they say they want to be the Zappos of motorcycle products. IMO they could do far worse than to emulate Zappos as an Internet retailer. That sets the bar pretty high.

Purchased a Rukka suit in Norway while on a tour in 2005. It the best and most comfortable motorcycle clothing I have ever owned. It bests my Two Piece Roadcrafter hands down except in the area of putting it on and off. The Rukka is not a commuter suit. Europeans do not know Aerostich because the Rukka is so superior. You do not have to apply waterproofing to a Rukka after washing it. Try not doing that to an Aerostich and then riding in the rain.

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

I was in Europe this summer and some of my friends have Rukka motorcycle clothing. It's quite heavy duty, weather proof, and extremely durable...needless to say, also very (by my standards) expensive.

Quality gear always is...expensive, but you usually get what you pay for.

I've looked at Rukka and have spoken to many riders while riding in Europe, and as you may know, Europe gets its fair share of rain in certain regions. I haven't heard any negative comments other than the reflective material (which looks painted on) fades away after a while.

But after seeing Stadler motorcycle gear, I am sold on that line. Top notch and very expensive, but I usually have gear ten to fifteen years, so the price averages out nicely.

If you are spending that much money, check every top end manufacturer out to make sure you end up with exactly what you are looking for.

Went down to Philly over this past weekend to try on some Rukka.
Actually I'm looking at the Cosmic Jacket. I think I'm at EU size 48?
Anyway, TFB cuz there isn't one in my size anywhere in the U.S. currently.
Revzilla is to follow up, but I haven't heard from them yet.

Truly awesome jacket. Liner has Outlast "thermal regulation" technology (originally developed for NASA) that removes and stores heat from your body, and dishes it back out when & where needed.

http://www.outlast.com/en/technology/

Some of the Rukka lljackets have a Gore-Tex "seal" rather than a zipper...
Not the Cosmic, however.

With plenty of technical features, just the same, you get a WHOLE lot of bang for your buck with Rukka...
Of course, spending that kind of $$$, (Cosmic= +/- 1000.00) one would hope it wasn't for chopped liver.

From what I gather, after looking around, the few other remotely comparable high-end brands of gear are only slightly less expensive. Can't imagine you'd get anything but less from any other brand. Rukka appears to have all the bases covered, and then some.

From Revzilla:

"Rukka Cosmic Jacket
Materials:
Gore-Tex Pro 3-layer laminate with Armacor product technology
Armacor is a combination of high-tech fibers - Aramid (Kevlar) and Cordura
Protection:
Rukka D3O Air Back Pad included
Includes D3O Air protectors at shoulders and elbows
Rukka D3O Air limb protectors meet the requirements of CE Norm prEN 1621-1 2010 and the central back protector the requirements of prEN 1621-2 2010
Other Features:
Soft neoprene in collar
Detachable collar of elastic Gore-Tex Strech material
Detachable liner with 60g insulation and Outlast thermal regulation
Outlast microcapsules absorb excess heat which is stored and released as needed
3-layer Gore-Tex material elastic cuffs
Ventilation openings with zippers in front on both shoulders and back
Width adjustment on upper and lower arms
Adjustable waist closure
Jacket has a pant connection zipper
6 pockets; two inside (waterproof) including mobile phone holder and four outside with zipper and magnetic closure
Waist closure with double tightening"

OK Revzilla. Bring it.

Last edited:
Color?

I have looked at Rukka gear online. Reading about it in ADV rider it seems the only downside is in hot climates as the color is black. Top quality gear otherwise I hear.

I have looked at Rukka gear online. Reading about it in ADV rider it seems the only downside is in hot climates as the color is black. Top quality gear otherwise I hear.

No, Rukka comes in various colors. There are some jackets and pants right now for sale at ADVrider that feature lighter panels. The Cosmic jacket, for example, is available in black or red.

Revzilla ROCKS. I met Anthony personally in Bloomsburg (and his mom, as well) and I have nothing but good to say about them. I keep saying we have to schedule a day trip to Philly to visit the showroom and then life gets in the way...

Revzilla ROCKS. I met Anthony personally in Bloomsburg (and his mom, as well) and I have nothing but good to say about them. I keep saying we have to schedule a day trip to Philly to visit the showroom and then life gets in the way...

My experience (so far) with Revzilla has been positive. The showroom isn't much more than any other major gear showroom- definitely a candy store for adults! There's nothing anywhere else I know of like it- outside of NYC or maybe some other major cities. if you want to actually buy something, you can definitely go try on stuff to get the size nailed down, and maybe even take your item home that day! IMO it was worth the drive down to Philly to see the place and try on Rukka stuff.

Revzilla says they want to be the Zappos of the MC world- high aspirations as far as I know.
I sincerely hope they pull THAT off!
Zappos offers free next day shipping and their return policy is painless and seamless. I've bought stuff from them, and had returns, too- they make it SO easy. And Zappos is FAST.

And the great thing is the new showroom is really close to Pat's and Geno's.

Yeah, i was at Pat's and Geno's once, kinda by accident! Rolling down thru the Italian neighborhoods headed down 10th to Oregon Ave. We got a cheese steak from each, and split. They were pretty good...
BUT
I used to go to 10th Avenue Steaks on Oregon- my long time South Philly Fave.... it's currently undergoing renovations... Before, it only had a walk up, sidewalk window... Which come to think of it, they all do- some with seating,tho, 10th ave Steaks never had that.
Love that awesome South Philly "ambience"!
They immediately knew you weren't from around there! They were always nice [to me] about it tho... But then, I know how to order a cheese steak in South Philadelphia.
I first found the place after a Spectrum concert- back in the mid 90s.... we were circling about looking for food. I knew we'd found the right spot- there were police cars parked 3 deep at curbside!

My new stand-by steak joint is Tony Luke's- down the street, on Oregon, in the shadow of I-95.
Will try 10th Ave Steaks when they re-open (under a new name) but Tony Luke's is pretty doggone good.

Revzilla says they want to be the Zappos of the MC world- high aspirations as far as I know.
I sincerely hope they pull THAT off!
Zappos offers free next day shipping and their return policy is painless and seamless. I've bought stuff from them, and had returns, too- they make it SO easy. And Zappos is FAST.
Zappos is an amazon.com company, so for sure a great benchmark.

Rukka!

Hi, just thought I would dredge this old thread up to say I drank the koolade.

I bought a Rukka Cosmic Jacket, some model of similar Rukka riding britches, and a pair of Rukka Apollo gloves.
The jacket I wound up getting at a greatly reduced price, new with tags on, from somebody who had it brought to him from Germany (by a friend or relative) and then it didn't fit him! So he posted it in the flea market on ADVrider.
The pants & gloves I bought from Revzilla.

This summer, it just got too hot to wear any of this stuff. But now that it's cooler, I'm really settling into it. I've never had this level of quality riding apparel before, and I must say it is SO worth it. It's a lifetime investment and I don't regret the expense, not even one dime of it. Actually, I think I'll try to find a lighter weight Rukka jacket and gloves for summer riding.

Think I'll post a full-on "review" as many folks do.

Last edited:
I've never had this level of quality riding apparel before, and I must say it is SO worth it. It's a lifetime investment and I don't regret the expense, not even one dime of it.

Kind of like the choice of BMW for a motorcycle.

Makes lots of sense to me to supplement that with accessories purchased with the same philosophy.

Good choice

Hi, just thought aid dredge this old thread up to say I drank the koolade.

I bought a Rukka Cosmic Jacket, some model of similar Rukka riding britches, and a pair of Rukka Apollo gloves.
The jacket I wound up getting at a greatly reduced price, new with tags on, from somebody who had it brought to him from Germany (by a friend or relative) and then it didn't fit him! So he posted it in the flea market on ADVrider.
The pants & gloves I bought from Revzilla.

This summer, it just got too hot to wear any of this stuff. But now that it's cooler, I'm really settling into it. I've never had this level of quality riding apparel before, and I must say it is SO worth it. It's a lifetime investment and I don't regret the expense, not even one dime of it. Actually, I think I'll try to find a lighter weight Rukka jacket and gloves for summer riding.

Think I'll post a full-on "review" as many folks do.

Sounds like you made the right decision....so congrats!~ I have a full Rukka base layer system, top & bottoms and I love it. Keeps me nice and comfortable under my 4 season jacket & pants. They definitely make quality apparel. Please post up some pics when you have a chance.

Back