• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

F800ST Replacement Fairings

markdemshock

Hi all,

I live in the Seattle, WA area and I am in the need of a battery/airbox cover and upper left fairing in the Graphitan color. I've been searching online, but haven't found anyplace the carries replacements. Any ideas?

Hi all,

I live in the Seattle, WA area and I am in the need of a battery/airbox cover and upper left fairing in the Graphitan color. I've been searching online, but haven't found anyplace the carries replacements. Any ideas?

Good luck. I've been waiting five weeks for a new right upper fairing to come from Germany. This is the true price of BMW ownership, I think.

Mary and I just returned from South Africa. While there, I read an article in one of the Johannesburg newspapers about the new parts-management software that BMW AG had recently instituted in Germany, and the chaos that's resulted in parts unavailability for BMW cars in South Africa. The typical complaint was common body panels (like fenders) for big-volume cars (like recent 3-series machines) being on backorder for 4+ months.

This is just the sort of thing we've recently heard about vis-a-vis K1600 parts availability. I wondered if BMW AG has made similar changes in the bike parts system, or if the integration of the two parts systems (one can order and buy BMW bike parts from a BMW car dealer) shows it's actually one system.

Mary and I just returned from South Africa. While there, I read an article in one of the Johannesburg newspapers about the new parts-management software that BMW AG had recently instituted in Germany, and the chaos that's resulted in parts unavailability for BMW cars in South Africa. The typical complaint was common body panels (like fenders) for big-volume cars (like recent 3-series machines) being on backorder for 4+ months.

This is just the sort of thing we've recently heard about vis-a-vis K1600 parts availability. I wondered if BMW AG has made similar changes in the bike parts system, or if the integration of the two parts systems (one can order and buy BMW bike parts from a BMW car dealer) shows it's actually one system.

Perhaps so, but what I meant when I the said " ... true price of BMW ownership ... " referred to extraordinary long waits for low-volume, non-regular maintenance parts. The parts that are used in regular maintenance of BMW bikes are usually stocked by dealers or available from a states-side distribution center within a few days. But when one needs something other than regular maintenance parts (like the fairing panels mentioned in this thread) it is a different story. This type of wait is almost unheard of for a Japanese bike (and perhaps a HD also). This is the true price we pay for riding a niche bike, even though we continue to buy and ride them--they are nice, aren't they? I believe BMW dealer customer service is unparalleled, but the manufacturer level customer service sucks a bit.

Royce,

I think we're saying the same thing. The fairing part isn't regular maintenance, but - like car fenders - are the sort of parts that are pretty regularly broken out in the real world and therefore needed by customers. Stuff like this ought to be manufactured and stocked in advance, managed by a parts system that can respond to customer demand in a timely fashion.

The fact it's coming from Germany can mean out of stock in USA just as easily as not stocked in USA.

Back