• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Add Stebel Horn - '03 K1200RS

RBEmerson

Kein Nasebohrer
I'm looking for a way to mount a Stebel horn without having to go to a machine shop to build a bracket. The wiring's not an issue, I already have a relay for the current "louder than stock" two-tone Fiamm horns. It's mounting the Stebel that's holding me back. FWIW, there's one in our '90 VW Vanagon and... heh, heh, heh... I look for excuses to use it.

I had a Stebel on my last bike and only tried to use is when absolutely necessary, as I discovered that it tended to scare the offending party more into doing something more stupid, than what they were already doing...... However; when put to the test, it did the job....Hee, Hee:D

Different bike (2000 R1100RT), but perhaps it'll provide mounting ideas.

Mine is zip-tied to the left fork leg. The compressor is bolted to what appears to be a stud coming from the frame around the steering head area.

FWIW, I don't care for the horn, which came with the bike. The half-second delay as the compressor spins up is precisely when I most want it to work.

Back