• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

When is it too cold for you to ride?

Rode my 1150 GS to work today (10 mi). Fleece hood inside the helmet was OK, but rode up leaving me with a feeling like an ice cold spike pressing into my forehead.:hungover Then there was the issue of getting my helmet straps through the D-rings with numb fingers. :hungover

All this so I can say I rode today cause I won't be able to tomorrow with the snow coming? :scratch
Good for you. I'm the same; always trying to get in a few miles before the next snow storm comes in and out as soon as I can get the ice and snow to melt off the driveway. I live on a lake, and have quite a angled driveway down to my house, so if any ice at all is on it, I can't get up the drive. So, I make sure my wife gets out there and shovels off the drive right away after each snow episode.....:fight:fight:fight

It was -29F overnight in Saranac Lake, New York, and it wasn't much warmer in my part of New York... That's unbelievable for the second half of March. It would be understandable the coldest part of January.

That's too cold for anything.

Harry

I got 7' of snow, drifts over 12', maybe change it when is it warm enough to ride.

It's been a good year for snowmobiles and snowblower sales and the snow clearing guys. If it warms up enough to melt any snow by April, there is still all that snow that has to go and the associated mess.
They are predicting the frost will be out of the ground by the end of May.
If the snow clears before the frost, need to worry about frost heaving.
Oh well, another log on the fire, have another beer, stare at the four bikes that I have in various states of repair and think, "I have lots of time yet, I might as well have another beer."

Back