• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Cleaning product recommendation

rangerreece

RangerReece
When I bought some leather furniture a couple of years ago the salesman handed me a couple of bottles of cleaner and protector. Excellent product for the bike. It's great on black plastic and the seats. Non silicone base. I used to use armorall until I read the bikes owners manual and saw that is suggested a non-silicone base cleaner/conditioner. I didn't see silicone in the ingredients in armorall but it listed another ingredient that when I looked it up in Wikipedia I found it was silicone. Theses products clean and condition without changing the matte finish that most Beemer black plastic parts exhibit.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 310
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 306
Thanks for this! I always hate when you clean plastic or vinyl and it turns into a shiny slab. Have you tried it on the steering wheel in your car?

Most of us have used Arnorall, at one time or another, usually only once on a motorcycle seat, can I say slippery! Look in your local auto parts store McGuires and Mother's make vinyl cleaner and non silicone protectant. For my K1600 I just wash the seat when I wash the bike. Nothing special

There is a line of products called Dry wash & Glaze...they have a nice tire / rubber cleaner that works very well & is not shiny. They also have a vinyl & leather care product that is the same.

and, just to note. Their painted finish cleaner / polish also works on chrome , plastic,glass etc. You can do the entire vehicle with just that alone. No streaking. BMW [auto] dealers normally have it. A close friend was a distributor for years. He kept me supplied.

Back