• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Amsoil

bmwmotorwerkz

Yes, if you do your research, it is the best product available, period. For those of you who think using Amsoil is wasting World resources, let me correct you.

Amsoil is formulated from 100% U.S. derived base-stock and additives. That's another reason to use it or begin using it. My 2002 R1150RT has never been happier or run cooler than when I flushed the old crap out that the last owner was using and fed all systems pure Amsoil.

Does your tranny clink, clunk or make any type of noise when going into 1st, or when up and downshifting? If you want it to shift like butter, use 75W140 Severe Gear. The 75W90 doesn't do it and Amsoil's 140 has a flow rate that is identical to the 90 weight.

Sent from my iPhone

We're all already aware of Amsoil and its marketing claims. It's entirely possible they're true.

But they don't need to be repeated here.

Yes, if you do your research, it is the best product available, period. For those of you who think using Amsoil is wasting World resources, let me correct you.

Amsoil is formulated from 100% U.S. derived base-stock and additives. That's another reason to use it or begin using it. My 2002 R1150RT has never been happier or run cooler than when I flushed the old crap out that the last owner was using and fed all systems pure Amsoil.

Sent from my iPhone
Does "pure Amsoil" come premixed with the Marvel Mystery Oil?

If it was best, some auto companies would use it for factory fill and specify it.

If it was best it would be a big company and some of today's big companies would be smaller.

If those without education knew more than those who have it, there'd be no universities.

If BMW mechanics knew more than BMW engineers, they'd be on their way to Germany for a better job.

But, the world would be a less interesting place without delusions.

If it was best, some auto companies would use it for factory fill and specify it.

If it was best it would be a big company and some of today's big companies would be smaller.

If those without education knew more than those who have it, there'd be no universities.

If BMW mechanics knew more than BMW engineers, they'd be on their way to Germany for a better job.

I like that! :clap

I'd be interested to know how many new "preferred customers" and "dealers he has due to his postings?

nice try though.....

Ken

+1

This falls under the marketing theory that any publicity is good publicity. We might as well throw Seafoam and STP into the mix.

BTW, shouldn't all these posts by the OP be moved to the Campfire forum?

I wonder if any amsoil "dealers" also try to convert the heathens such as myself??

I can't imagine how hard it would be to get "That Guy" off of your porch . First I'd have to turn down the free magazine and then he'd notice the Mobil 1 and Shell Rotella boxes. . .

I wonder if any amsoil "dealers" also try to convert the heathens such as myself??

I can't imagine how hard it would be to get "That Guy" off of your porch . First I'd have to turn down the free magazine and then he'd notice the Mobil 1 and Shell Rotella boxes. . .

Nice. :laugh

Hmm,....you say I should only use Amsoil 75W140 for my final drive? Disregarding BMW's probably vast knowledge and testing of proper fluids? Disregarding the 175,000 miles I have on my original, untouched rear final drive on my 94 RS, all run with synthetic 75W90 gear lube, and no problems? Thanks just the same but I know what works for my bike.

Back