• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Cover for a 2010 1200RT

Old Rider - OK Mechanic
I live in Yuma Arizona in the winter and need a durable cover for my 1200 RT while there. I had a Tourmaster but the plastic vents fell apart in the heat and sun. I need one large enough to cover the whole bike with the top case on. Anyone have any experience ?

I live in Yuma Arizona in the winter and need a durable cover for my 1200 RT while there. I had a Tourmaster but the plastic vents fell apart in the heat and sun. I need one large enough to cover the whole bike with the top case on. Anyone have any experience ?

I know it may sound a little funny but Costco has XLG Rainex bike covers on sale for $19.99. They were on display at the local CT store You might get what you pay fo ror you could be surprised. Besides Costco takes back everything!

get this:

Aerostich Ultralight Bike Covers #1733-1735-1738

go with a Med. for an RT

great cover, light weight and stores in itself.

Steve W
Holland, MI

BMW cover not so good on my 2011 R1200RT

I purchased one of these, was told that it would fit with the top box mounted....barely does, too much of a stretch.
Definitely not waterproof. When it rains the fabric absorbs water and stretches. It keeps direct rain off the bike but lots of dampness gets through.

Looking for a replacement cover. Currently have a Nelson Rigg UV2000 which works well but is developing small holes near the edge of the cover after less then two years of daily use. Looking closely at the EZ-Touring options due to the reviews from those who own them.

Initially thought the Traveler was the one I wanted then started to think it wouldn't cover sufficiently. At a minimum I want the entire upper fairing panels covered and all of the panniers. I don't have a top case so that is not a concern. I am open to the Wanderer if that is the only option that will provide the coverage as stated.

Either way, I would like input on the size I would need. I have reached out to the company but have yet to receive a response.

Thanks in advance.

Scot

EZ Touring Traveler

Great cover, light and packs small. Will cover RT without top case almost totally. Is perfect size IMHO.

A few days after my previous post I decided to purchase the Nelson Rigg Deluxe All Season Cover (XL): http://www.revzilla.com/product/nelson-rigg-deluxe-all-season-cover

This cover is better constructed, looks like it will last far longer than the UV2000 I had previously and fits the RT without the top box like a glove. This cover also packs nearly as small as the UV2000 and has a better way of anchoring to the bike i.e. rings, bungies etc.

+1 on EZ-touring

have one for my 2013 that covers all incl. top case. Packs down to the size of a ... um ... home made hamburger

Back