• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Sena SMH10 firmware upgrade - 4.3 Beta

Tonyfr

Are we there yet?
There is a Beta firmware upgrade to the SMH10 that lets you music share through the intercom feature with a passenger and also has the capability for three speed dial entries for your phone. If you registered with Sena, you should get an email for the download. I updated mine and my helmet didn't explode (Beta software) :clap.

Yeah I have the new device manager. looking at their website I am not alone in the issue. Seems some people have found using different cords work.

I thought you did it via bluetooth. I will attempt the update later this weekend and then reply to this thread.

Yeah I have the new device manager. looking at their website I am not alone in the issue. Seems some people have found using different cords work.
Use the cord that comes with the device. Make sure the device is off before you plug it up, then start the Sena Device Manager. Select SMH10 from the menu then hit "Next". After that, it will tell you to power up the device. After it powers up flashing Violet, wait about five seconds to hit "Next" again. If it doesn't recognize the device, there may be a problem with your cord.

Early SMH10 units may not be upgradeable?

I seem to recall reading somewhere that early SMH10 units cannot accept firmware upgrades. This after being unsuccessful trying to upgrade my early version unit. Anyone else know more? Thanks, regards,

Marty

Early units cannot be upgraded. I think the upgrade starts with units that are V3.0 and above.

I wont ever upgrade my smh10 again with any new updates from Sena. Works great right now. Last time the update bricked my unit and I waited 4 weeks to get it replaced. Nightmare.

I wont ever upgrade my smh10 again with any new updates from Sena. Works great right now. Last time the update bricked my unit and I waited 4 weeks to get it replaced. Nightmare.

I've never had a problem with firmware updates. I've gone through two release and two beta upgrades with no problems.

Back