• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Rox Anti-Vibration Risers for 2012 F650GS ABS; Installation Help Requested

I plan to install Rox Anti-vibration risers to move the handlebars about 2 inches back/up. I know I need to replace the front brake line and re-route the throttle, clutch, and associated lines behind the triple tree. Two questions: (1) How much longer do I need the front brake line? I assume I need a 2 inch longer line since the risers can move the handlebars by 2 inches. Any experience or thoughts? (2) What options are there for moving the lines behind the triple tree? Any experiences with moving these lines? Many thanks.

Just order the one from ROX..all the figuring is done..

Dependent on where you place your bars, you may need to add the clutch cable as well..I did on my wife's 650...I can't swear to it..I don't remember, but I think it is OEM from an F800 ST??? Sounds right..Dollars to donuts your dealer knows which it is...everyone buys it when installing the ROX..

I plan to install Rox Anti-vibration risers to move the handlebars about 2 inches back/up. I know I need to replace the front brake line and re-route the throttle, clutch, and associated lines behind the triple tree. Two questions: (1) How much longer do I need the front brake line? I assume I need a 2 inch longer line since the risers can move the handlebars by 2 inches. Any experience or thoughts? (2) What options are there for moving the lines behind the triple tree? Any experiences with moving these lines? Many thanks.

I installed the Rox 2" anti-vibration risers and now have the answers to my original questions. I purchased a 3" longer front brake line. Installation was easy, but 3" is longer than necessary. A 2" longer front brake line would be more than enough; a 1.5" longer line would likely suffice. Re-routing the throttle, clutch and associated electrical lines behind the triple tree was also easy; simply loosen three bolts on the left fork leg, compress the leg about 1-2" and simply pull the lines through the gap. Push the leg back up until it touches the positioning wire and torgue the three bolts. The hardest item was to install the risers as they block access to one or both of the two torx bolts on the BMW handlebar clamps--depending on the angle you want for the Rox risers.

Back