• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Low Country Boil, Tybee Island, December 6-8

JDOCKERY132445

OldBMWMaster
Jerry Holland Here we go, thanks to Doug Stoller: Here we go;
Below are our special rates, but you have to mention BMW RIDERS to get them:
RATES:
49.95 Front
39.95 Back
59.95 Kitchenette
75.00 Jacuzzi
1409 Butler Avenue,
Tybee Island, Georgia 31328
RESERVATIONS PHONE NUMBER:
(912) 786-4591

Just in from Jerry Duke

The 19th annual Savannah IBMWR Rally is ready for reservations.
We've moved back to The Dunes with Stingray's next door.
We hope to have some home brew beer available but need to wait a bit before
making that official.
But we do have the motel rates confirmed and they should be ready to take
your reservation.
December 6th - 7th - Tybee Island, GA
Let me know if you need any additional information.
Jerry Duke - jerry dot duke at gmail dot com

Had to leave

I had to leave early Saturday night so I could miss the deer. Paul, Becky and I went to Flip Side before anyone else; but we were not served quickly, so I had to leave.

More information

Dates set, December 6, 7, 8, 2013.
Location the same, Tybee Island, GA

We are going back to the DUNES!
Below are our special rates, but you have to mention BMW RIDERS to get them:
RATES:
49.95 Front
39.95 Back
59.95 Kitchenette
75.00 Jacuzzi
1409 Butler Avenue,
Tybee Island, Georgia 31328
RESERVATIONS PHONE NUMBER:
(912) 786-4591

Friday night we'll meet at Sting Ray's, next door to the Dunes and welcome old friends and meet new ones!!
Don't be bashful, walk up and introduce yourself.

Probably won't have a group ride this year, with historic downtown Savannah so close. But if anyone is interested, Bob Koch, airhead extraordinaire, owns Vintage Motors in Guyton, GA, about 40 - 50 miles from Tybee:
http://vintagemotorsllc.com/

Saturday around 6ish...we'll gather at the Cafeteria (in the old school building behind City Hall: 403 Butler Ave ? Tybee Island, Ga 31328, as in the past, and meet and greet until the LOW COUNTRY BOIL is ready...yum, yum, yum...

The price this year is $25 per person. I'll be walking around the Dunes parking lot Friday night and Saturday morning collecting money so if you don't think you'll be there before noon, you need to let me know in advance so I can arrange to have enough shrimp for everyone.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Jerry Duke
jerry.duke@gmail.com
Cell: 912-856-0358

Looks like there will be at least 6 of us from Wilmington NC area.

We're staying in Beaufort Ths night with Becky's brother and will see you guys at Stingray's or earlier Fri.

Lunch

Looks like there will be at least 6 of us from Wilmington NC area.

We're staying in Beaufort Ths night with Becky's brother and will see you guys at Stingray's or earlier Fri.

We are going to try and make lunch at our usual place [Uncle Bubba's] on Friday.

Extended forecast

It looks like we are going to have great weather for the Low Country Boil. Highs in the 70s and lows in the 50s with low probability of rain.

Becky saw the same forecast and is getting excited about putting more miles on her R1100S now with the AF-XiED that has significantly improved its running. And keeps asking me how soon she can pick up her new F800GT as though I have control over deliveries to dealerships...

See you guys there

Great time.

Not nearly as many attendees as last year; but we had fun.

I had to pick up a Land Rover Series II pickup in Charleston on the say back. Found diesel on hwy 17 near Myrtle Beach for $3.55.

Back