• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Vintage bike prices climbing!

Not sure everyone saw the R68 that went for $61K a few weeks ago. Now there's an 1952 R68 ISDT Gel?ndesport on ebay...bids are at $50K now:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/22128059703...cat=0&_nkw=221280597036&_rdc=1#ht_1151wt_1117

Hmmm...for some reason the bidding has been reset!!

I have been hearing form some guys that they are getting weary of allot of the 'new' technology , farkles & trickery ? So many modern vehicles are just over-loaded with things we don't need / want...yet the manufacturing industries keep telling us we need. Mostly to be safe. Traction control ?...how many of us, on motrocycle or in a car are really going to NEED !? it .....yes there will be ocassions , but every time step on the gas...?? I know I don't . Electronic cruise control on a motorcycle?...do ya really want to be that disconnected from the ride ? :brow are ya really so weak that you can't hold a throttle? Not intending to be picking on anyone...but think about just how essential these things really are, as compared to what they add to the complexity & cost of any vehicle......sorry didn't mean to rant...:wave

Traction control is what you want to have when you're in a turn and there's some oil/gravel/sand/tar snakes you weren't counting on. I'm also in favor of ABS and ESA. (But yes, a lot of the electronics are just distractions, IMHO.)

Traction control does not prevent you from slipping and sliding once you hit a treacherous surface. As it cuts into your throttle/power supply it just takes out acceleration to the rear wheel. Once you start low-siding because your contact patch in the rear could not handle the forces, traction control will not save you.

Back