• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Close call.....not Bambi, Yogi !!!

boofer

Sat. morning comming home from a ride up north on the K12RS I happend on a county road close to home that somehow I've never been on. Flying low down a long hill I had noticed a small park and boat launch just before crossing a bridge and pulling out of my dive. I have got to come back and check this out.

Sun. morning, heading back on the R11RSL, running through a wooded area at about 75, meeting an oncomming pickup. We were both running pretty much down the center, both of us gave room, we passed, I checked my mirror, and when I looked up!! Could not believe my eyes. About a 300# black bear high tailing it across the road 30 yds in front of me. He was still on the pavement as I passed.

This is not bear country at all so you can imagine my suprise. Well, I guess it IS.

Tim (sorry, no pics of said bear.....or undergarments)

big animals make me so nervous. for the last two weeks in the morning on my way to work there have been two fawns off to the right in the median near an exit and every morning i see them i get real nervous that their mom is gonna bolt out of the woods in front of me

glad to hear you made it through that bear trap

close call...not bambi,yogi

I admit to a little paranoia about deer myself when i ride narrow country lanes, but my closest scare was an unexpected attack by a horse and rider.

I saw them ahead coming towards me at a slow walk, i slowed down to 10mph and moved over to the far right, all seemed calm and under control until abreast of them the horse charged my bike (couldn't have been after me unless the ATGATT scared him) I goosed it and just cleared his charge because I was not thinking he would with a rider up. Whew!

Back