• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Bing help

Another issue too.

The throttle position on these CV carbs also could vary based upon air flow (thus creating vacuum above the slide). If, let's say, the throttle plate position could be required to be more open in the event that the cylinder had leaks, lower compression, etc. in order to create the same slide position as on the other carb that may be connected to a cylinder with better compression, no leaks, etc. However this variance supposedly would be compensated for when one adjusts the cables to achieve both sides to have the same operating pressure - thus, theoretically making both cylinders contributing the same amount of "punch" to the stroke.

Hmmm?

I think we should just limit the discussion to a bike in reasonably good running condition...ie, getting the nominally correct gas mileage...that's typically my judgement for running condition. Sure, bad spark plugs, weak ignition, imbalanced carbs, low pressure in the tires, on and on...they're going to contribute to more throttle to get down the road. No way can you quantify how each contributes to throttle input.

Thank you everyone for the good info. I since replaced both the needle and the needle jet and set them to the stock settings. The old R100R is running much better. I'm going to do a dyno check in a week or 2 while we have a BBQ at my friends house. When we did the dyno we ran it many different ways from full balls out pulls to riding it normal.

Cheers,
Jim

Back