• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

What's Your Routine??

EMSimon

No longer a member here
I like dogs. We have two of them and they are part of the family. I make a real effort to better understand their behavior and their "language" (not the barking!!) One step is to realize that they are creatures of habit. Once they start or pick up something it quickly becomes part of a routine. I find myself in the same position:
- I log on to the MOA forum
- I stop and check the following sections - in that sequence - and see if there is something worth for me reading and/or responding to:

- Motorrad, because of general interest
- Airheads, because I own one
- Oilheads, because I own one
- Flying Brick K bikes, because I own one
- K1600, because I own one
- Ride reports , always interested how the people fare who ride to Terra de Fuego, Siberia or Greenland:violin
- Just Riding, see how the rest of us are doing out there.
- Regional Midwest, my location
- Campfire , the last stop. Read a few jokes and check if I can add to Col Klinck's favorite word game, log out.
Maybe I wag my tail during the whole process.....

I sign on and click "New Posts". I tend to key on the thread topic and not on which forum section the post is in. If it is a tech topic I sometimes look to see if the question or comment is a K bike, Oilhead, Airhead (etc.) thread but most often just look at the thread.

Last edited:
I agree with Paul. I log in and go straight to the new posts. I get a little of everything this way.

I check "settings" first, to see if there is any activity in a thread where I've posted. Then head to "New Posts" to see what catches my attention.

I'm a creature of habit also

I usually sit down in my favorite chair with a hot cup of coffee around 6am and click on the forum and realize I can't see squat. I then remember I left my glasses in the bedroom, so I get up and go get them. When I get back to my chair and sit down, I remember I took my coffee in the bedroom, cause it ain't here now. So, I get up and go back in the bedroom and get my coffee, then go back to my chair. By then with all the exercise , I need to go the head. So, I get my coffee , glasses and last months moa mag and head for the head. Of course all this commotion wakes my wife up and by the time I get out of the head, she has already commandeered my computer and reading Ladies of the MOA. I usually then have to tell her some kind of lie in order for her to release the computer. After I get it back, I start at the top and read all the new threads and all the older ones that I have commented on. Mostly to see if anyone wants to fight or even better but not usual, to see if someone said something good about one of my post. I then try to poke fun at a few un-expecting souls for no particular reason other than to keep the dialog going. I am retired and I do have a routine.

I usually sit down in my favorite chair with a hot cup of coffee around 6am and click on the forum and realize I can't see squat. I then remember I left my glasses in the bedroom, so I get up and go get them. When I get back to my chair and sit down, I remember I took my coffee in the bedroom, cause it ain't here now. So, I get up and go back in the bedroom and get my coffee, then go back to my chair. By then with all the exercise , I need to go the head. So, I get my coffee , glasses and last months moa mag and head for the head. Of course all this commotion wakes my wife up and by the time I get out of the head, she has already commandeered my computer and reading Ladies of the MOA. I usually then have to tell her some kind of lie in order for her to release the computer. After I get it back, I start at the top and read all the new threads and all the older ones that I have commented on. Mostly to see if anyone wants to fight or even better but not usual, to see if someone said something good about one of my post. I then try to poke fun at a few un-expecting souls for no particular reason other than to keep the dialog going. I am retired and I do have a routine.

I think this is a really good post. Bordering on excellent and almost rising to great. :)

I log onto Soviet Steeds first. Then maybe MOA. Bout the same as how I feel about the K since I got the Ural, very nice but lacking the charisma of the hack. :nyah:D

I think this is a really good post. Bordering on excellent and almost rising to great. :)

I was about to agree with PG until I thought about the part where he says he lies to his wife & she actually buys it and gives up the computer-not likely or shes gullible as all get out! :scratch
As for details of my/our habits that could get into TMI...

OK I confess

I was about to agree with PG until I thought about the part where he says he lies to his wife & she actually buys it and gives up the computer-not likely or shes gullible as all get out! :scratch
As for details of my/our habits that could get into TMI...

Some of my lies are half truths, so she is never really sure one way or the other. You're right; she doesn't give it up willingly; we usually roll around on the floor fighting over it, but I'm bigger, meaner,older and better looking, so I usually win. Do you believe that one? Go on your Mexico trip this winter and tell us about it. I need a good read.

DW

Many similarities to our morning routine except Annie has her own iPad. We sit in different rooms and compete for bandwidth.

You must have AT&T. Listen to Bill Cowher and get Time Warner!!:thumb

If Time Warner (or anybody else) ever got near where I live I might think about it. But here, all TV (if you opt to get it) is satellite, nobody's cell phone has service, the only tunable radio station is NPR, and internet is either DSL from the phone company fiber optic cable or satellite.

Even Time Warner wouldn't get me past clicking on "new posts" though.

Some of my lies are half truths, so she is never really sure one way or the other. You're right; she doesn't give it up willingly; we usually roll around on the floor fighting over it, but I'm bigger, meaner,older and better looking, so I usually win. Do you believe that one? Go on your Mexico trip this winter and tell us about it. I need a good read.

DW
New MC ride is about to get loaded with farkles after honeydew porch project ends. Mexico is in my sights again-any ride partners around for a 4-6 weeker??? ;)

On the "fighting over the puter front" our router went kapute & I'm tired of typing in my password!

I have the new posts link in my favorites, so when I click on it I go straight to them. It might be a page, it might be five pages, all depending on how long since I last stopped by. I like it!

Back