• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Head light upgrade???

gch71

Smoooooth at 430
Any body out there done a conversion to a Xenon HID H4 Headlamp, if so was it easy? Is it worth it?? :scratch I'ts for a 74' /6...
Ok... not to single you out Ikchris butttttt :wave I agree with you on the rear disk brake system or lack there offff, however I am asking about the conversion and quality of the new lighting system, not an opinion about these old airheadsssss and their lack of modern quality, mind you some of us like old and simple things and like to tinker:fight. so having said that..... opinions please about the conversion.:dance I'm looking at it as a safety point of view.

Hey Ikchris you know I am just having fun with ya.....
thanks fellasss

Glenn -

Try searching the Airhead forum using the box at the upper right. Use the word "Xenon" in the box. The search feature has been rebuilt and now returns quite a few hits. HTH...

Glenn -

Try searching the Airhead forum using the box at the upper right. Use the word "Xenon" in the box. The search feature has been rebuilt and now returns quite a few hits. HTH...

Ooops, my spelling was and is not the best, sorry, got all the info I need. thank you sir. ....how to delete this thread....mmmmmmmm

Glenn -

If you've figured something out, it might be useful. If so, why not post it here for future use? That would be a good reason to not delete the thread.

Glenn -

If you've figured something out, it might be useful. If so, why not post it here for future use? That would be a good reason to not delete the thread.

Yes, if you have found a quality way to do this, I would be interested. I would not be interested in a bulb retrofit because I find those to be blinding to oncoming vehicles. I have a 7 inch round HID projector on my R1150R's Hannigan fairing but am looking for something that will work in the BMW round lensholder and bucket on my R100S and R75/6.

Yes, if you have found a quality way to do this, I would be interested. I would not be interested in a bulb retrofit because I find those to be blinding to oncoming vehicles. I have a 7 inch round HID projector on my R1150R's Hannigan fairing but am looking for something that will work in the BMW round lensholder and bucket on my R100S and R75/6.

Ok I'll do that. I have to put things on the back burner for a week or so, just found out and I'll be out for a few days on the other side of the world. But it looks like were in the same boat, I have a Don vesco fairing and it is also 7 inch. But you have given me some good info on the blinding effect. There is a lot of info out there and to be honest its going to take me a few to figure it out, thats usually the best outcome for me when dealing with these old machines. By the way how's that Hannigan working out? pretty good ride and comfort??:thumb

Back