• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Excel cycle werks horn kit

t6pilot

Did a install of Excel Cycle Works Stebel Horn kit on wife's 650gt today. Kit price is $106 plus shipping, time involved about 2 hours. Quality of kit is first rate, sound is impressive to say the least.

Did a install of Excel Cycle Works Stebel Horn kit on wife's 650gt today. Kit price is $106 plus shipping, time involved about 2 hours. Quality of kit is first rate, sound is impressive to say the least.

Did you take photos and what did the 2 hours of labor entail? 2 hours for you could be days for some of us... Thanks!

My BAD, Tom has already asked for photos's, sorry didn't take any. Their are some install photos on Excels web page for 650gt all pretty straight forward. Believe it or not most of the time was spent removing/ replacing the three plastic trim pieces. FYI a electric screwdriver makes fast work of the dozen or so screws removed. Did a horn install on buddies C600 yesterday, took a little longer because he insisted on helping. Once the side panels are off the two scooters the difference between them becomes more apparent, modified the location of horn on 600 from the location of the 650, again a pretty easy install
If anyone orders the kit they can PM me and I will walk you through the install. Horns are very loud compared to the stock one

Which one did you install,
Tom sent me the models for the 650, horn and compressor are separated. The bracket is made for 650, will fit 600 with a little thought.

Back