• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Garmin Zumo 450 Touch Screen

dougfollett

I recently inherited a Garmin Zumo 450 and am learning it's ins and outs. My problem is that the touch screen seems a little slow to respond and takes a good solid, intentional touch to make a selection. Maybe I'm just used to the newer equipment. Is this just "Old School" equipment or is it having issues? Other than that it seems to work perfectly.

Call tech support and they can tell you how to realign/reset the touchpad. Mine went bad and they just sent me a new 550.

What went wrong with yours? I already did a reset on the touch pad. That only seems to have to do with alignment not sensitivity. My problem is that I have to push hard on the screen as if I were pushing on a slightly stiff button before it activates my selection. It always seems to work, it's just that it takes more pressure than you would expect. I'm just wondering if the earlier touch screens required a little more pressure to activate? I should probably call tech support anyway but I thought I'd check here first.

I just got off the line with Garmin and they wanted me to do the calibration which I had already done. They said that the screens do become a little less sensitive with use. She suggested using my fingernail instead of the tip of my finger and that worked a whole lot better. If I use the tip of a plastic pen or my fingernail it seems to respond properly but if I use my finger tip it is a bit slower. I guess I can live with that. Nothing they can do other than charge me for a repair.

Back