• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

tupperware screws

samo

I have a 2003 R1150RT. Could someone please tell me the correct location for the long and short screws that hold the tupperware on. I've had it off several times and I don't know the correct place for them.
Thanks

There are four long ones. One goes behind the mirror and the other three go in the cast aluminum piece that holds the foot pegs.

+1, except on the right footplate you're better with a short screw in the rear-most position due to a shallow hole depth.
RB

Incomplete and not quite accurate:
Two of the "longest" screws (given that you have 2 lengths) go behind the mirrors, into the flat areas that "hang" the forward part of the tupperware.
The other two go into the dash panel, below the speaker locations.
The right rear footplate location hasn't been an issue for me.
On some oilheads, I've seen that the right rear hole along the top of the gas tank (rear-most of the three along the curve) may prefer a shorter screw, the ~ 1/2", due to either a lack of insert tap depth, or manufacturing tolerance buildup and/or plastic distortion over the years.

Back