Thread: 60/7

Question 60/7

Ok, here's the deal.
    1977 60/7, needs some TLC (Paint etc.) tach has over 13K on it, could be 113K as far as I know. Big ugly fairing, hardcover saddlebags and sissy-bar, needs new tires and who knows what.
    Price... 2700 USD. (I don't think so, not from me.)
    So, what would be a fair price?
    RS Rennsport, Whiplash Motorsport Group
    AHRMA # 59R

I would say well south of $2K, for sure, depending on what may need to be done. There was a gentleman locally that was selling a cherry 60/7 last year for around 2200, I think. This one sounds like a far cry from that one.

I dunno, $1500, maybe? You should be able to tell if that's 13k miles vs. 113K miles by looking at it.
    -----------------------------------------
    Brad D. - Member #105766
    '77 R100RS - Black Beauty (big pipe, baby!)
    '94 R1100RS - Sylvia

Quote Originally Posted by Braddog
    I would say well south of $2K, for sure, depending on what may need to be done. There was a gentleman locally that was selling a cherry 60/7 last year for around 2200, I think. This one sounds like a far cry from that one.

I dunno, $1500, maybe? You should be able to tell if that's 13k miles vs. 113K miles by looking at it.
    Well, I talked to this guy and we went through the Bike. No paperwork of the Bikes history besides the repairs that he had done by BMW Grand Rapids.
    Apparently the Bike had a Honda front wheel that he replaced.
    By the sounds of it, he is the 5th or 6th owner, hasn't riden the Bike in the last two years (50 Miles) and claims original 13K on the speedo.
    He proceded to tell me that the sales person ensured him that if they put it in they showroom, the sticker price would be $ 3700 USD.
    I told him he should take it there and have them sell it for him. What a joke.
    Needless to say, It's still sitting there.
    RS Rennsport, Whiplash Motorsport Group
    AHRMA # 59R