• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Finger Lakes BMW Rally - August 20th, 2013

We'll be there! Dave gets back Friday afternoon from a business trip. Depending how he feels, we'll either head right out or wait til Saturday morning. It'll be our first time and we're really looking forward to it!

We'll be there! Dave gets back Friday afternoon from a business trip. Depending how he feels, we'll either head right out or wait til Saturday morning. It'll be our first time and we're really looking forward to it!

1st time for me too. See you up there, (or down there from your perspective)

Me too!

Karen and Darryl, would love to catch up since I won't be overwhelmed with GSG pressure this time.

What? No Women's Ride, Tracy? LOL! Didn't make it on the one at Asheville this year, and we didn't get to Salem.

See you there, Karen!

The Finger Lakes Rally is a local ride for me. We'll be watching the daughter's dog that weekend, but I hope to do a day-trip over to the rally.

Harry

I was so involved with royal duties for the GS Giants that I never made it on the women's ride at the rally. And I didn't get to the RA or MOA this year. To be honest, women's rides are fun once in a while but not really my thing. I just like to ride with like minded people of either gender.

The GSG flag will be flying from my camping local. Come say hi!

You "First Timers" will enjoy it. It's a great area. We have been going since the early 90's. Great area, Great food, Great people, Great time.

Riding up with the sidecar rig and the F800 on Friday. Looking forward to cool temps and lunch at the Moosewood Restaurant in Ithaca this year.

I have been going to the Finger Lakes rally for the better part of 20 years; and it's always been one of my favorites

Well, this year I have to say was absolutely a disappointment for me. The food was terrible!!! If it wasn't for the on-sight Italian sausage vendor, I wouldn't have had one good meal

Even the bands weren't very good. Admittedly, I am usually asleep between 10 - 11, so perhaps the weren't rolling yet, but I felt like I was listening to music from my parents generation. No wonder the average age keeps going up and up.

Don't know if I'll be back next year....

SC

I was a first timer this year and have to say that it was all about the people for me. We had a great group of GS Giants, MARS, Black Diamond Beemers, and others gathered together. The food wasn't great but I didn't have any expectations. The donuts were fantastic tho! I'll be craving apple fritters.

Didn't really spend time listening to the band. Just hung out with friends all weekend for some riding and general carrying on. Could have done without the thunder storm that never seemed to end, as well as the fallen tree branch but thankfully no injuries occurred.

It was an adventure and I had a blast! Thanks to the Finger Lakes BMW group for a rockin' weekend!

Finger Lakes

Darryl and I had a great rally as always. Rallies to us are about connecting with long distances friends as well as local members of our clubs that attend. Everything is what you make of it. We were later leaving Monday morning but next year we will be talking about the storm just as we have talked about the year "Ernesto" hit the rally, we had some of our best laughs at that years rally. Nice to talk to you Tracy and share some laughs, sorry we will miss your company at the Pocono's rally.

Ride safe, laugh often.

Terry, great seeing all of you even if it was relatively brief. Lots of laughs - to be sure!

Looking forward to next time!

Tracy, it was good to see you again! I did not get to many rallies this year, unfortunately, and I miss seeing familiar faces. Only have one left (Twin Valley) and hope to make the best of it. Finger Lakes was my fiance's "virgin" rally and I was disappointed only in the vendor area for his sake! The food is the food...the beef on Saturday was really good, I thought! I also could have done without the storm and torrential downpours! It made Monday a very long day after riding 6 hours and laying out the wet equipment. But it is about the people and the views of the lakes and we will definitely be back!!!

Good getting to meet you Tracy. The laughs around our camp start when we arrive and end when we depart. Join us anytime!

Tonya, I didn't know you had him with you! You should have introduced me!

Great to see you! One of these days, we should both take a mental health day and just go for a ride.

Tonya, I didn't know you had him with you! You should have introduced me!

Great to see you! One of these days, we should both take a mental health day and just go for a ride.

We should!!! I think Steve was back at the tent when Allyn and I ran into you! He really had a good time!

Back