• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Rally in the Poconos by Black Diamond Beemers

crossfire3006

crossfire3006
I have attended this rally for the past several years and really enjoy it. I was wondering if anyone knows if the "Music for the Minds" festival will be there again this year or another festival?

Rally in the Poconos and Music Festival

I believe I heard that they will not be double booked this year.

Tracy, you are correct.

Depending on your point of view - good news vs bad news - the Music Festival will NOT be sharing Indian Head Camp with the Rally in the Poconos this year (9/13 - 15). The Camp's management was not happy with the behavior of that crowd...prolific drug usage was the primary concern.

Of course, the Camp still has the right to book any other group to share the camp with the Rally. However, if that is to happen, it would be a much smaller and more easily managed group.

BUT, the RITP goes on!! If you haven't pre-registered, you still have time!! Go to http://www.blackdiamondbeemers.com/rallyinthepoconos/rally08.htm for more information and to secure a registration form.

Briefly: there was a price increase due to the Camp assessing a major change - pre-reg is $105 and onsite reg is $115.

You will still be guaranteed a bunk in a cabin, 5 hots meals, 24/7 coffee and bug juice, movies, entertainment, door prizes, canoe race and lake time, bonfire and happy hour and a beautiful setting. All you have to do is bring your bedroll and you are set.

If you have a group of 8 or more, we can give you your own cabin (with 8 paid, pre-registrations). If you have more than 8, we can still get you your cabin...

Hope to see you on Friday, 9/13!!!

Thanks and be safe!

KennyO
President BDB
blackdiamondbeemers@yahoo.com

I have attended this rally for the past several years and really enjoy it. I was wondering if anyone knows if the "Music for the Minds" festival will be there again this year or another festival?

Darryl and I will be there, mailing my pre=registration today.

Will be asking Jodi to put us in cabin#2 again, Darryl had one knee done in March, still waiting to have the other one done in November.

Walking better but hills and stairs still difficult.

Terry

p.s Thanks Kenny for posting the info

Thanks for the info, Kenny. For the record, I will not be attending and I'm really bummed! We have a wedding that weekend. (Don't want you to think the price increase is the reason.)

Pocono Rally: Date Confirmation 9/13 - 15

Writing to confirm and notate for any of you folks planning to attend the Black Diamond Beemers RALLY IN THE POCONOS next week.

The MOA ON magazine has a mis-print: that is, the dates in the magazine show the Rally being held on September 12 - 15.

That is INCORRECT!! Please do not show up on 9/12 - the Camp will not let you in.

The CORRECT dates for the Rally in the Poconos are 9/13 (Friday) thru 9/15 (Sunday).

There is NO early arrival - please do not show up on THURSDAY. Again, the Camp will not let you in.

There has been some confusion as a result of the mis-print - I hope this clarifies for you all.

Thanks for "listening"!

The BDB hopes to see you at our Rally!!

KennyO
President, Black Diamond Beemers

Back