• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Winners For Jack Riepe's MOA Column: Choosing The Best Riding Partner...

jpriepe

There were three winners in my recent Owners News (ON) column: Choosing The Best Riding Partner. Each winner received an autographed copy of my book, "Conversations With A Motorcycle." The winners were Frank Curtis, Donald Grant, and Lee Shreve. Winners were selected at random from a list of names dropped in a Nolan helmet. A fourth, bonus prize, was awarded to Kevin Greenwald, for being the first reader to respond. I like the idea of a prize category like this and it will shift around, from the the first, to the fifth, to the 67th responding reader.

Thanks to everyone who reads my column and likes it. Not everyone does. A dissatisfied reader, an "R" bike rider from Samoa, sent me the ripped out pages of my column in the mouth of a severed pig's head.

Jack "Reep" Riepe

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone who reads my column and likes it. Not everyone does. A dissatisfied reader, an "R" bike rider from Samoa, sent me the ripped out pages of my column in the mouth of a severed pig's head.

Jack "Reep" Riepe[/QUOTE]

Dang, must have REALLY disliked it!

Jack "Reep" Riepe

Dang, must have REALLY disliked it![/QUOTE]

LOL! Some people are just excvitable.

<snip> A dissatisfied reader, an "R" bike rider from Samoa, sent me the ripped out pages of my column in the mouth of a severed pig's head. <snip>

Jack "Reep" Riepe

I think he gets an award for the most creative use of your column. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm....... What could that be?

Perhaps a contest to decide what prize would be appropriate.

But you failed to mention who the "best riding partner" is. :banghead

You know my vote. :D There is no doubt she was the best!

I think he gets an award for the most creative use of your column. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm....... What could that be?

Perhaps a contest to decide what prize would be appropriate.

But you failed to mention who the "best riding partner" is. :banghead

You know my vote. :D There is no doubt she was the best!

Dear Bud:

His prize would be barbecue sauce. I had to pick Kimi as the winner. If I picked Bregstein, I'd have to be comitted.

Dear Bud:

His prize would be barbecue sauce. I had to pick Kimi as the winner. If I picked Bregstein, I'd have to be comitted.

Jack,

I've always said you had good taste. In this instance, you proved it twice!!!!!!

Ride well my friend.:hug

"A dissatisfied reader, an "R" bike rider from Samoa, sent me the ripped out pages of my column in the mouth of a severed pig's head. "
I believe that this is actually part of an ancient Samoan blessing. Usually the person presenting the head performs a dance which involves a great deal of chest thumping and foot stomping. The dance is frequently followed by either a chest bump (modern adaptation developed by members of the NFL) or crotch arranging (MLB adaptation, usually limited to hurlers) or doing the 'pony' (southeast asian adaptation).
Note: if the head was not previously smoked using ficus leaves, the recipient can dry the head (after wrapping in used cigar wrappers) for three weeks, after which it is suitable for use as a passenger backrest on K bikes.
urwelcome

"A dissatisfied reader, an "R" bike rider from Samoa, sent me the ripped out pages of my column in the mouth of a severed pig's head. "
I believe that this is actually part of an ancient Samoan blessing. Usually the person presenting the head performs a dance which involves a great deal of chest thumping and foot stomping. The dance is frequently followed by either a chest bump (modern adaptation developed by members of the NFL) or crotch arranging (MLB adaptation, usually limited to hurlers) or doing the 'pony' (southeast asian adaptation).
Note: if the head was not previously smoked using ficus leaves, the recipient can dry the head (after wrapping in used cigar wrappers) for three weeks, after which it is suitable for use as a passenger backrest on K bikes.
urwelcome

Dear Flars:

It is very disturbing to me when riders of the iconic BMW ? the one with the Boxer engine designed by Pharaoh Immohotep III ? feel compelled to slight the one machine BMW designed from the get-go to have a proper cooling system, the "K" bike. I tried to smoke a pig's head once. It didn't draw properlyand was hard to keep lit.

Sincerely,
Reep

The only man who wouldn't like your column probably drinks cosmos & hasn't had the company of a hot wife or 2 like some of us...

Boxer engine designed by Pharaoh Immohotep III

The K-bike, with its integral crotch warmer, was designed by Bubbahotep, a Pharaoh accustomed to more southern climates. Thankfully, the King (the one from Memphis) and Jack Kennedy (in disguise) saved us from that unholy tyrant, as documented in the classic Bruce Campbell movie from 2002

"I tried to smoke a pig's head once." Ah. I see the problem here. Two things my mama taught all her chitlins: 1) Never smoke a pigs head or rump. As you say, they do not draw well, and; 2) Never try to teach a pig to sing. It is a waste of your time, and is annoying to the pig.
I believe item 2 may have value in this situation as a parable, where 'K bike rider' and "Rider's of the blessed Immohotep's gift to mankind" can be substituted in the lesson plan.
And BTW, each month, along with the arrival of the ON (and its insidious K-propaganda written by that urban terrorist, cigar smoker, and 007-wanna-be), I get the grumbly down in my tumbly that urges me to find a K bike to go along with the other infernal combustion devices contained within my garage. But three things always seem to calm the urge: there really isn't any room for a 'new' bike that will probably need some form of tender fondling; I haven't got enough time to fix the two Bocthers already in there, and; SWMBO has already threatened my nether regions with the pruning shears with regard to another vehicle. [Actually, the threat isn't real, because she already has possession of those bits (she carries them around in her purse, in case I ever need them again).]

The only man who wouldn't like your column probably drinks cosmos & hasn't had the company of a hot wife or 2 like some of us...

It's funny that you mention this. A guy showed up at the door here yesterday with a cosmo in one hand and his other arm wrapped around a woman who bore a disapproving look on her face.

"Yes?" I asked.

"I'd like to discuss the shortcomings of your column," he replied.

There was a bright yellow "Honda Hobbit" parked at the curb.

Sincerely,
Riepe

The K-bike, with its integral crotch warmer, was designed by Bubbahotep, a Pharaoh accustomed to more southern climates. Thankfully, the King (the one from Memphis) and Jack Kennedy (in disguise) saved us from that unholy tyrant, as documented in the classic Bruce Campbell movie from 2002

BMW "K" bikes are designed to run warm as their riders are invariably "cool." There s a reason why "K" comes before "R" in the alphabet. It is the natural order of things. (Hey, I don't make the rules. I just acknowledge the inevitable.)

Riepe