• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Adding accessory socket to GS-W

Front mounted accessory plug

I haven't done it, but why not mimic the way the OEM socket is mounted, but on the left side?

Ok, I took your advise and ordered the two items below from Powerlet and mounted it opposite of the OEM socket.
Looks great and is in the perfect spot for me.

I had to bend the bracket a bit so that it was at 90 degrees.
I don't know how to post a picture here but if you need to see it send me a message and I'll email you a picture.
gsjay

http://www.powerlet.com/product/powerlet-socket-low-profile-kit/285

http://www.powerlet.com/product/8mm-multifit-bracket-type-3-rearset-rear-facing/358
actually I got a PBR-007 which is the opposite side bracket, but now I can't find it on their website.

The capped SAE socket above the fuze block is always hot. I use it for battery charger and pump. And maybe other things.

p-131991425-0699.jpg

Yes, it's a good thing to have available when this happens. Middle of nowhere or restaurant parking lot. When you need air you need air. :D

Where is located? Under the tail bag?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A little help with electrical: light bar

I am new to this forum, just took delivery of a 2018 r1200GSA. I am trying to hook up a Admore light bar with smart brake.
I have been having trouble finding the brake light wire (for blue wire) (is it grey with brown stripe (and yellow strip) or gray with black stripe?) and the 12V switched source for red tail light wire (as is Canbus)??
Thanks for any help
Chris

I have installed the Admore auxiliary rear light on both a '17 R1200GS and a '15 R1200RT without Canbus issues, by tapping into the rear light wiring.

1) Left and right turn signal wires (Yellow and Green) tied to blue wires at the left and right turn signal lamps.
2) Blue running light wire tied to Grey/Red wire at brake/tail light
3) Purple brake light wire tied to Grey/Black wire at brake/tail light
4) Black ground wire tied to Brown wire at brake/tail light
5) Red +V wire tied to Red/Green wire at fuse block or other source

Back