• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

96 r1100rt

layton

Layton
96 r1100rt abs

I'm having an issue with my ABS on my 96 R1100RT. I was getting the blinking lights that I have read about with a failing battery. While riding home I pulled the clutch lever in and used the key to shut the engine down and was going to coast to a stop to open the gate. I realized that I was short so I turned the key back on and released the clutch thinking the bike would bump start itself. Well the ABS didn't reset and after installing a new battery the lights blink alternately when I turn the key on and start the bike. They normally both blink at the same time and after the bike rolls a few feet I hear the normal sound and the lights go out. What did I do to my R1100RT. Oh when I tried to bump start it the bike wouldn't start. So I'm guessing you can't bump start a oilhead.

Last edited:
You can reset the ABS easily yourself. You can get directions on You Tube- Look for:
Clearing a fault fron BMW ABS1 and ABS2 systems-by Chris Harris--
was very helpful to me
Tony

Back