• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

'04 MOA Rally

Yes, Paul and I do ride across Kansas all the time.

To get to somewhere else. Not to get to Kansas.

In fact, we might not go back, but they pay us to live here ; )

Kansas isn't anywhere. But one great thing is that it isn't far from anywhere else.

Voni
sMiling

:wow

Voni's right. KS is the best place in the country if you want good reach to the rest of the country.

Are you guys about two days from any place in the country?

I'm envious. Really.

:)

Spokane

I just returned from a weekend in Spokane. I cannot comment on the roads surrounding the city but I do have a suggestion for a 'do not miss' landmark: The Davenport Hotel. Now I doubt if many will spring the $150 or so a night but it is worth a trip down town (near the city's Riverside Park, not to be confused with the State Riverside Park) to see it. It was originally built in 1914 but was recently restored to the tune of $30 million! It is indescribable! Also, there is a fun little road (well no fun in a rental car....) that runs along the river just south of down town. Lots of bicycles though.

Have fun in Spokane!

Hey Everyone, I'm new to the web site but not to motorcycles. You are all talking about the 2004 rally being in Spokene Wa. but I'm unclear on the dates. Would someone please fill me in? Also, If any one has info on Shawn Baecker with the 1100GS, who recently moved from KC to Detriot please have him contact me. Julie in Washington

Rally FAQ for Newbies?

Spokane 2004 will be my first ever MOA Rally and I want to do it right. Is there a FAQ for first-timers that covers things like where to stay (hotels vs. camping); what to do; what to bring; when to arrive; and that sort of thing?

I've been picking up bits and pieces through the different postings here.

Thanks!

Marty
1999 R1100R
El Cerrito, CA

For your first national I would suggest that you camp. A good part of the fun is being able to walk around and check out the cool bikes. Also, if you camp it is only a short stumble back to your tent from the beer garden. :beer

Hey Julie,

Figure somewhere between 5 and 7 thousand people will attend. I think there were 7100 people in WV, which was one of the largest rallies ever.

If you're looking for information about the date and stuff, click here. It'll take you back out to the MOA web pages and drop you right where you need to be.

:)

dave

Thank you, I've been stumbling around these pages for days, always getting side-tracked reading stuff and never seem to find ( or remember) what I was looking for.

OK, so besides drinking brews and going to the bathroom, what else goes on at a MOA rally? I saw the photos and read some of the articles about the Charleston rally so I know there are demos and vendor exhibits but what else? Are there group rides in the surrounding areas? Poker runs? What does one do at MOA for four whole days?

KBasa said:

Great pictures indeed! I'm starting to get this MOA thing now. At MOA, one rides around, drinks beer, does BMW stuff, rides around some more, drinks more beer, and extends their middle finger in photographs?? Is that a secret MOA greeting? :D

I can do all that!

Dig; I used to be a "lone wolf" type. The first National that I attended was DuQuoine (+/-1992). Allthough the roads of southern Illinios were marginally entertaining, the cameradery was infectious. I was hooked.

Since DuQuoine, I've attended all but Redmond. Maybe I lead an uneventfull life, but they have been the best of times (second to my wedding and a very good plate of Pad Thai that I enjoyed in Ferndale a few years ago).

Things you must do at a National:

1. Visit Airhead Cental after midnight. Ask for Brent. Password; necessity sent you. Stay away from anyone from Fla., esspeciallly Lenny and Gator.

2. Clean you credit card and do the vendors. You'll see a lot of things you really don't need, but crave. Tip; Buy it when you see it. Come back later and your size or color may be sold out.

3. Dress scantily

4. Zip your tent tight (just joking).

Tip: If you set up camp within a 1/2 mile of me, wear earplugs when you turn in for the night. I snore like a chainsaw with a fouled spark plug (not joking).

IMOH, you will have the time of your life. These are some of the most decent and fun folk that you will ever meet. Join us.

...and bring your best smile and handshake,and your natural interest in people and your desire to make new friends and have a lot of fun...I could go on but others have and will.
went to my first rally in montana and I have been to 3 since.Great times all.For resaons that sometimes don't have easy explanation.It is just very cool.

Calnalu said:
Great pictures indeed! I'm starting to get this MOA thing now. At MOA, one rides around, drinks beer, does BMW stuff, rides around some more, drinks more beer, and extends their middle finger in photographs?? Is that a secret MOA greeting? :D

I can do all that!

Well....

:uhoh

The middle finger is a special salute by some guys I know. It means you're number 1!

Back