• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Coolant leak

merles

Has anyone else had a coolant leak with their GTL or GT? Mine started leaking at about 10,600 miles while on a trip. When I called the dealer for an appointment, this did not seem to surprise them.

Yup. :). Fairly common, will be covered by warranty. You can ride the bike, just visually check your coolant level. Mine didn't drop off of full by more than 1/16th of any inch in 3000-3500 miles of riding while waiting for replacement.

Lots of info on k1600forum.com

Where does it leak?? The water pump?
My 2013 GTL has shown signs of coolant leaking from behind the waterpump.I first noticed a stain on the exhaust below the waterpump, but it wasn't wet. I cleaned off the stain and have been watching for more evidence.In my case the leak has stopped. My bike currently has 4,000 miles on it. My dealer said it is common but not a concern. The dealer said the cause is a ceramic seal behind the waterpump. The dealer said BMW is aware but has no fix other than replacing the seal which would most likely leak again. The dealer said the leak would not cause major coolant lose which could cause overheating.The dealer assured me it would be a covered repair under warranty.

Back