• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Join Date/Post count changed?

Ron from BC

I've noticed that since the forum work in March/April my post count was zeroed and my join date now says April 2013. Huh?

Not that it's critical but I am curious why/how this happened. :scratch

I've noticed that since the forum work in March/April my post count was zeroed and my join date now says April 2013. Huh?

Not that it's critical but I am curious why/how this happened. :scratch
Hi Ron, When either myself or Kurt gets a minute, we will look for your doppelganger :D There can be a number of reasons for this- such as....
When the forum was down for much longer than predicted, some found that they couldn't get back on and inadvertently re-registered.
There was cases where the change seemed to create a second user with all caps......and a few more reasons that I won't bore you with.
If you have 2 spots on the member rolls, Kurt will PM you with what will happen as it's a little tricky the way things are set up. :huh
HTH. Gary

Ron -

Gary is spot on. There is another "Ron" with the username of 148491, with 70 posts. It is possible for me to merge these two accounts, but the problem will be that the other database that the MOA maintains will be different than the forum's database. I'd suggest that you contact Jeff in the office on Monday and ask him to correct this.

Ron -

Gary is spot on. There is another "Ron" with the username of 148491, with 70 posts. It is possible for me to merge these two accounts, but the problem will be that the other database that the MOA maintains will be different than the forum's database. I'd suggest that you contact Jeff in the office on Monday and ask him to correct this.

Hrmm...well I'm 157928 so that might be a problem too. It's not a huge deal...I still get my ON which is the most important thing.

I've sent Jeff an email with a link to this thread.

Those profiles I mentioned do have your member number, so they belong to you. Only you can determine why the other username doesn't match your member number...maybe it reflects some other piece of information. :dunno

Back