• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Schuberth Helmets

The real reason I'm now a lifetime schuberth customer... Had a low side that turned into a high side. Got tossed like a rag doll. According to the GPS I was carrying a weee too much speed for the corner I was in says I bounced hard for around 600 feet. Earth and sky is all I saw. When it was all done according to all the Dr's ... that helmet saved my life. Just got rid of my last cast yesterday. Got my new 2014 RT on order... Should be here in mid Feb and got a new C3 Pro yesterday. Wahoooooo

Never spare a dime on your gear....and enjoy the ride!!!

If you're old Schuberth was damaged in the wreck (sounds like it had to be damaged) they have a helmet replacement program - I think it's something like 50% off.

Glad you're ok!

Thanks. The helmet did better than me. I shattered a bunch of stuff but was surprised how well the helmet did. I definitely felt it hitting hard a few times when I was bouncing on my head. It had a few solid marks of impact but I could find no cracks. Schuberth does have a great warranty, I think they may be the only one to have the kind they do. If you register your helmet and have an accident they will replace it for 1/3 the cost of a new one depending on how old it is think it prorates based on purchase date. Either way that is awesome!

This is also where I will give kudos where it is deserved. I didn't register my helmet....who does that stuff...right. Well when I went to check out a new helmet the shop took it upon themselves to check with Schubert if they would honor the warranty. They did this without me asking for warranty consideration as I knew I screwed up. The website spells out the rules very well. Schuberth said they would. I'm very impressed and was willing to pay full price for a new one. So you do have to hand in the old one, have a copy of your accident report, and a copy of your drivers license. This all made my day.

Just to be sure .... But I think most people know that helmets are a one shot device... Drop it....toss it. They can be damaged in a way invisible to the naked eye.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 4

... how quiet [or noisy] is the Schuberth C3?...

Quietest helmet I have ever worn. As quiet--without earplugs--as any HJC, my previous favorite. However, I always wear plugs in addition. At city speeds (anything below, say, 40 mph) I can hear myself breathing. Keep in mind though, that quietness depends on lots more than just the helmet.

We recently bought one of these for my wife, the female version and it is quite simply an amazingly well built helmet, reportedly the most comfortable skid lid she has ever worn and without ear plugs can hear the Sena with no problem at undisclosed speeds with little complaint as to wind noise or buffeting. I may have to retire my Shoei multitec.

Ratched System for Your C3 Visor

I also read on one of the forums that they have developed a new ratched system for the visor. I asked for it because the visor will no longer stay up. I received it in three days and plan on installing it this weekend.
Schuberth customer reps are the best of ANY company I have every dealt with and that says a lot for my 62 years.

I'm curious: Did the "new ratchet system" solve your C3 visor problem? Mine won't stay up either and I'd like to fix it. I called Schuberth a few months ago and they didn't mention it. Thanks for any assistance.
Lou
Oakdale, CA

Back