• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Rally Questions

I was considering going to the Galena Rally coming up later this month, but never having been to one before, wasn't sure how it works.

I assume one can just show up and pay at the gate.

Is there two separate fees, one for those camping overnight and another for those just staying for day?

Are the campsites typically set aside exclusively for the rally attendees at these events?

It appears that this is an on-going rally, does anyone know how many people usually show at this one? I realize it's probably weather dependent.

If there is anything else I should know, by all means, way in.

Thanks
Chuck

Hi Chuck,
While I have no experience with the Galena rally, my advice for most any rally is to just show up and roll with the flow. You'll meet new friends and generally have a great time with like minded people. Every rally has a different feel to it. Some more structured. Some more laid back. But all tend to be a great time regardless of weather conditions. Look at it as an adventure and you'll never be disappointed.

I was considering going to the Galena Rally coming up later this month, but never having been to one before, wasn't sure how it works.

I assume one can just show up and pay at the gate.

Not having been to Galena, but having gone to several others, this is almost always the situation. You can prepay, or you can pay when you get there.

Is there two separate fees, one for those camping overnight and another for those just staying for day?

Rallies are sort of all about the camping experience, IMHO. Usually, it's one price.

Are the campsites typically set aside exclusively for the rally attendees at these events?

Again, not sure about Galena, but rallies usually "take over" the majority of a campground. It's usually reserved for whatever group is sponsoring the rally. If the site is large and diverse enough, meaning if there are hookup spots for RV's and such, then sure, it's shared.

It appears that this is an on-going rally, does anyone know how many people usually show at this one? I realize it's probably weather dependent.

Again, no knowledge of Galena, but rallies are almost never "weather dependent". People show up, rain or shine, and tend to enjoy themselves, rain or shine.

If there is anything else I should know, by all means, way in.

When I "re-entered" riding 14 years ago, I thought I'd be a real "rally rat". Turns out, I'm not. I've been to a few rallies over the years, and have always enoyed myself, but going to rally after rally just isn't my thing. That said, I think it's something everyone should try. I can almost guarantee that you'll make new friends and that you'll enjoy yourself.

Thanks
Chuck

See responses above in RED.

Back