• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Redverz:)

Polarbear

Polarbear
I just spent 58 days in this tent, travelling to Alaska Arctic and back solo. Got many comments, as biggest mc tent carried, ever seen and so on from everybody I met! Tent never caused me any issues and set up quick and easy, ALSO the reverse taking it down. My biggest issue was finding a campsite big enough to set up, lol. Not really too hard to solve, but did find a few sites too small and moved on. I never used the mc parking garage part of tent for my bike, just kept it for my use and gear storage and sitting area if weather got bad. Most days required no guy ropes for extra security in wind, as it never blew and forest camping is protected from winds. This made really easy setup and take downs. It may have packed bigger than many tents of my past, BUT so well worth the space it took and no regrets. I lived in much more comfort than past years, no compare to crawl in tents... Not even a close call! Redverz is my choice until I wear it out. TIPS; I learned a few set up quickies using a big tent... This tent goes up solo very easy, but its still BIG! When its laid out the stake ties for front and rear are unique and only 4 exist. One small door(vestibule) and front door, much bigger. Always stake the vestibule end first(per instructions), work from there with poles and so on. Take down; I used to stuff all my tents and this one too in the beginning, BUT found a simple fold up method works best. I fold it into a 3 foot square, roll it and it stuffs into sack really EASY. Comes back out ready to easily find front and rear for setup. My stuff method really did not work well on a BIG tent, as it did with my small tents. A BIG thumbs up for Redverz, imo...Kept me comfy and dry and works better than most Ive owned in 60 years. Randy

We've had the precursor to the Redverz, the Nomad, for 3-4 years. We also like it a great deal, but generally only use it when we are at rallys or other places we will stay multiple days. At the national last month a friend pitched his new Redverz right next to our Nomad. The vestibule is much larger on the newer version and the new entry doors are much more user friendly.... good piece of kit.

Every day:)

I took this tent down every day, as I moved about the far North. I did have it setup in Salem for 4 days, but then kept moving every day for weeks and found the tent quite easy to deal with. I put her away wet a few times, but mostly dry when I packed for the day of touring to my next camp. Ive had to set it up once in winds of 40+ mph and found it a challenge, maybe twice as long to set up, with guy ropes attached. Tried the bike in garage once and found it too crowded for my liking, to access tent sleeping area. I never tried to use back door vestibule, but it would be a likely person access door with GSA inside garage. Bike is fine outside. Randy

Randy, I was telling Matt about your comments last night and now you got him thinking....

Uh oh....

HI Matt:)

Im looking for partners to INUVIK this next time:). I hear and read its a better tour all around for the far North. The Dempster:). I just finished the Dalton Hwy/Haul Road. Not going back there, its behind me. All I have spoke with, including locals in NWT say the INUVIK ride is more entertaining and more to do. A real town(s) on the North Shores, not industrial as in Deadhorse. I almost did both, but figured two months out was already long in tooth for one ride. I have good reason to go back soon:). YES, the Redverz is a welcome tool in my packing for years to come and makes living out of a tent much easier day in day out for months, as I did. I probably sold dozens as folks watched and were amazed I packed it on a bike. Not bad at all. Its a learning curve in the beginning of owning this BIG tent, but the curve sharpens rapidly as its used and the system works extremely well. Goes up/down very quickly even solo as I was. Don't let the size fool you into thinking otherwise, as its going to in the first few setups. Did me and I grew to love the system once I was efficient at it. Comes quick:). Best regards and JOIN ME someday, as I go far and wide, retired now:). Randy GSA1200 at 108000m now, going stronger than ever. No need for another BMW a while yet:). This ride has been near as perfect as a bike can get. R

He rarely visits the forum but I'll pass it along! Next time you find yourself near PA or DE, give a holler!

Has Anyone here heard of the Russian Version of this Tent, The Diogens3 ?

HI Group: First post hear and maybe on any of the MOA forums. I'm a longtime early BMWOA member (52) and have lost count of all the Beemers I've owned since I started riding but think its somewhere between 30-40. I rarely visit BMW sites now since I acquired a Moto Guzzi Stelvio NTX last year. I'm done with BMWs for now as I wanted a bike that is reliable and especially easy to self maintain. I think I found it with the Stelvio. My K75s did not do it for me. Anyway I was wondering if anyone has heard of the Diogens3 tent. As far as I can can tell its the exact clone of the Redvertz or vice versa. There was an ebay listing for one a couple of weeks ago and I almost bought it, as I liked the color combination (blue outside, gold inside) better then the Redvertz colors . Price was listed as $379 + $70 shipping. This works out to an almost identical price as the Redvertz considering shipping is included on the latter. The listing was posted by stas3110 from St. Petersburg in the Russian Federation. It didn't sell as I think his feedback total(16) as well as the location may have scared folks away. While the auction was still active, I asked him something about the poles. He answered me but was very surprised anyone from the U.S. would even inquire about it. He says the Diogens3 sells well in Russia with many saying they use it for weekend overnighters.
Anyway, I needed a tent badly as my current one took a beating from near hurricane force winds at last years national Guzzi rally in Buena Vista Va. I ordered the Redvertz two days ago and it's scheduled for delivery late next tuesday. So the small group of MOA Redvertz owners has just increased by one.

Best to ya and new tent;

My Redverz out of Denver, has served me well this Summer to some very rough spots far North above the Arctic. I got the green version, because I like some cammo look in the forest and yellow attracts BUGS. Used too anyways. You mentioned winds destroying your tent last year. I have put the new Redverz up a couple times in wind and its more time consuming having all the guy lines to stake down BUT have found some shortcuts with mine. I use the same stakes holding the tent front and rear, to attach lines to and this simplifies the lines going everywhere and tripping over them. Still many other lines need separate stakes in very heavy winds. 50mph my max winds setting this tent up, Mono Lake, CA.. Most all my camps however, have been no winds in forests and NO lines required making this a very fast setup tent. Ive grown to really enjoy the tent and my case, living in it everyday for most of the Summer, setting it up and taking down everyday. It became no chore, just easier with experience:). I used a regular cammo tarp bought at any hardware, under the tent and in front porch for clean feet and gear. The Redverz brings new dimension to camping and comfort out of all weather and I too probably sold dozens of them in my travels, as folks looked on and visited my campsite. Most were amazed I carry a tent that size on a bike...It packs well and no heavier than my smaller tents with parawings and all the gear I carried before. This tent is one package, does all. Randy

Back