• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New member and proud owner of 1200 RT, comfort seat anyone

Korotro

IMG_1618.jpgGood day, new member and recent purchase of my 90th yr anniversary edition 1200 RT, couldn't b happier. For the past 4 yrs I rode the HD Road King and prior to that a 15 yr bike layoff which i had 3 different Japanese bikes. After turning 4000 K don't miss any of them. Now saying that I do however miss the comfort of the saddle I had on my RK. I see BMW has a comfort wide seat for the RT $654 US $800 Cdn. If anyone has purchased this what's ur opinion, alternatively I can go for a custom seat which is appox the same $$. Great forums u have here looking forward to working th room! Cheers & Thx

Victoria BC
2013 1200 RT
2009 HD Road King
900 Honda
750 Honda

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum! Yeah, seating it's a complicated problem to solve. Sometimes it's better to post- (re-ask) the seat part of your intro in the bike specific part (hexhead/camhead) area of the forum as that will draw the largest view. Other than that, good luck- enjoy the forum and if you have questions- just ask.
Gary

Looks like Korotro and I have more than one thing in common. I just traded off a 2009 Ultra Classic for a 2013 R1200RT. That was my first Harley after 40+ years of riding. I enjoyed it, was glad I bought it, but am also glad to be off of it at this time. The RT has been more than I could have imagined and I'm loving it at just over 1500 miles so far. I agree that the stock seat has got to go. I don't know anything about BMW's comfort seat. The option I'm taking is the Russell Day-Long Saddle conversion (www.day-long.com). I've had the seats converted on the last four bikes I've owned.

1983 BMW R80RT
1993 Honda Goldwing
1998 Honda ST1100A
2009 Harley Ultra Classic

And I'm very much looking forward to getting the R1200RT converted as well. All of the Russell conversions I've had done have been first rate. That's why I'm going back to them on this bike. The price on this conversion which will be a duel (rider and passenger) conversion with vinyl seat cover will be about $785 after I ship the seat to California. It is a bit more expensive that what you quoted for BMW's seat but it's modified to "your" specifications which, I think, is the main reason they work so well.

Enjoy your new ride and I'll do the same!

Ride Safe,
Steve R.

Welcome to the forum! Yeah, seating it's a complicated problem to solve. Sometimes it's better to post- (re-ask) the seat part of your intro in the bike specific part (hexhead/camhead) area of the forum as that will draw the largest view. Other than that, good luck- enjoy the forum and if you have questions- just ask.
Gary

Thx Gary, understandably, I'll re post in gear forum, cheers

Looks like Korotro and I have more than one thing in common. I just traded off a 2009 Ultra Classic for a 2013 R1200RT. That was my first Harley after 40+ years of riding. I enjoyed it, was glad I bought it, but am also glad to be off of it at this time. The RT has been more than I could have imagined and I'm loving it at just over 1500 miles so far. I agree that the stock seat has got to go. I don't know anything about BMW's comfort seat. The option I'm taking is the Russell Day-Long Saddle conversion (www.day-long.com). I've had the seats converted on the last four bikes I've owned.

1983 BMW R80RT
1993 Honda Goldwing
1998 Honda ST1100A
2009 Harley Ultra Classic

And I'm very much looking forward to getting the R1200RT converted as well. All of the Russell conversions I've had done have been first rate. That's why I'm going back to them on this bike. The price on this conversion which will be a duel (rider and passenger) conversion with vinyl seat cover will be about $785 after I ship the seat to California. It is a bit more expensive that what you quoted for BMW's seat but it's modified to "your" specifications which, I think, is the main reason they work so well.

Enjoy your new ride and I'll do the same!

Ride Safe,
Steve R.
Thx Steve, we could talk allot about the exchange of rides but in the end I'm more than happy about the new ride and can't look back. When all was said and done it was no contest! My wife still rides the HD but hers is going into shop again soon..... Hehe, I will look into the Russell and a few options that I will take with me, stock just doesn't work huh, thx Steve, enjoy as I will!

Back