• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New F800ST Owner - Mukilteo, WA

markdemshock

F800ST_1_small.jpgHi all. I just purchased my first BMW a couple weeks ago, a 2007 F800ST, and I love it!
I'd be grateful for anytips you have for me.
I'm looking to upgrade to 55w HID headlights, get some visability lights, a taller windcreen and possibly lower the foot pegs and extend the shift peg, so if you have any experience with these, I'd be happy to hear from you.

Mark

Oh, the fun you'll have!

Check over the posts here about your bike and enjoy!

Welcome!:dance

Voni
sMiling[SUP][/SUP]

View attachment 41250Hi all. I just purchased my first BMW a couple weeks ago, a 2007 F800ST, and I love it!
I'm looking to upgrade to 55w HID headlights, get some visability lights, a taller windcreen and possibly lower the foot pegs and extend the shift peg, so if you have any experience with these, I'd be happy to hear from you.

Mark

Welcome:wave Check the F bike posts and F800 rider forum about changes and do your research. Madstead windshield I would look into.:thumb

Nice bike!

Welcome to the Great Pacific Northwet chapter of the MOA.

Enjoy your new bike and the rest of this fine summer weather! :dance

Welcome to the family.

Nice bike!

Lots of good folks here who can answer any questions.

Looking forward to reading more of your posts.

Hi all. I just purchased my first BMW a couple weeks ago, a 2007 F800ST, and I love it!

Mark

Congrats! I too considered the taller windscreen, lower pegs, different seat, moving the handlebars, etc. ... all that stuff to change the way the bike and I fit together. But then I simply rode it a while. Lo and behold, I have had it a year now and have not changed a thing. Turns out it fits me fine as is, I only needed to get used to it.

I did, however, add Clearwater Glendas to the lower forks for visibility. And since I don't ride much at night, I use the lights only for daytime visibility. Therefore, I got the amber lenses. I urge you to think about putting amber lenses on any lights you add--if they are primarily for visibility and not just for lighting up the roadway and sides of the roadway at night.

If no one has mentioned yet, the F800 has an anemic power output--only about 400 watts or so. If you ride year-round and you use heated gear, as I do, you must modify your shifting habits and learn to ride in a lower gear around town. You need to keep the revs at about 4,000 or above or else you will slowly run the battery down and find yourself sitting and cussing. This is the only "flaw" I have found in an otherwise fine motorcycle; how in the world any manufacturer can market a bike for touring or sport-touring and not install at least 650 watts worth of electrical power is beyond me.

Back