Thread: charcoal cannister

Post charcoal cannister

the fuel tank was holding vaccum. Had a hard time opening gas cap. I checked canister and found it plugged up. Can anyone tell me how to eliminate canister,

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 88486 View Post
    the fuel tank was holding vaccum. Had a hard time opening gas cap. I checked canister and found it plugged up. Can anyone tell me how to eliminate canister,
    Welcome to the forum! As I see it's your first post I thought I'd give you a start- (our search engines sails are torn )
    http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread....nting-question
    And I'm sure some of our members that have done this can be of even more help.
    Good Luck.
    Gary
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Summer in Lakes Region of NH and winter in the Sonoran Desert of AZ

Neuter that baby.

I removed mine after a long and slightly expensive process to understand why it ran good, then ran like cr@p, then suddenly ran good due to the vent hoses having been switched. I have the TB ports capped with BMW part 13 54 7 694 924 ($1.24) and used some of the removed hose to route the tank-to-canister line beside the existing vent to the bottom of the bike - very neat. 1200+ miles later the R1100R and I am happy. If you are concerned about venting fumes to the air I gotta say it is a very small issue and much less than my two lawnmowers, two chainsaws, weed whacker, tractors, antique car etc. all of which have vent-to-air tanks. I put the parts in the R1100R storage box for the next owner to wonder about if I ever decide to sell it.

Look here too: http://www.ibmwr.org/r-tech/oilheads...ter_horn.shtml
    2002 F650GS, 1998 R1100R 75th anniversary edition, 1983 R80RT (just sold), 1959 R60 (in restoration), Honda CT90
    If you must make a mistake, make a new one each time.