• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Retrieve Personal Messages

flat_twin

Hi, I've posted a couple ads in the classifieds here. I can't see the entire message when someone responds to the ad. I see the first few words only. If I click on that response to try and see the entire message it goes to the classifieds category where I posted the item for sale.

Help!!

thanks,
Mark

Mark -

I'm not sure what to say. I've looked at your ads, of course I can't see the messages that people have left you. I see that a person can contact the seller by entering a message and then they hit send. The message probably should go to the place you provide for contact, such as an email address I would think. Possibly it's to your Private Message box on the forum. I'm not sure.

The Flea Market is separate from the Forum, so the moderators don't really have any visibility over there. Unless other people have had similar experiences with their ads, I'm think you're going to have to wait and call the office on Monday. Sorry...

Mark -

I'm not sure what to say. I've looked at your ads, of course I can't see the messages that people have left you. I see that a person can contact the seller by entering a message and then they hit send. The message probably should go to the place you provide for contact, such as an email address I would think. Possibly it's to your Private Message box on the forum. I'm not sure.

The Flea Market is separate from the Forum, so the moderators don't really have any visibility over there. Unless other people have had similar experiences with their ads, I'm think you're going to have to wait and call the office on Monday. Sorry...

The first few words of their reply and ... is all I get. However their email address is provided and I have attempted to contact them thru those email addresses. Thanks and I'll check with the front office on Monday

I just created a dummy ad and used another user's account to send myself a message. I was able to see the message (maybe just the first portion) along with their email address. Also, I received an email from the Flea Market using the person's email address. If you have an email address as part of your profile, then any messages put into the Flea Market should automatically go to your email account.

Sounds like you've got it under control...but it does seem to work. I'm not sure you're supposed to necessarily read the entire message in the Flea Market, but maybe it's just a notice that you have a message somewhere else.

I'm receiving no email notification of a response to the ads. So I verified my email acct here on the MOA website. It's an old email acct from long ago. Not sure why that one is shown as my current email but it is and I can't change it. I get a warning message so I've emailed the MOA with those details.
Thanks for running a test ad and letting me know about the email notification. That was a good clue.

Only 4 posts? I know that's not accurate either but since the website change, maybe so.

Mark

Mark -

I can change your email address on your account. PM me with the information.

You account says that your username joined on June 23.

Hi Kurt, I've logged out and logged back in with my original user name. test test test... Aw man, that's my recently departed RS in the avatar. (sniff, sniff):(

Thanks for your help!!

Back