• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Windshields

F

Fig

Can't decide which shield is best for me. I have measured, and think a 19" height is good. California scientific offers one. V-stream tall is another at 19". The aero flow is 18". Any insight, advice. R1150RT

It is hard to tell you what a good windshield would be for you as we don't know what you are looking for in a windshield. Some prefer to look over the shield when riding, others like to look through it. Some want some air getting to the face, while others are bothered by it. Your height (and seat height) will influence your decision. Too many variables... Best advice I can give would be to purchase used and try one or another and sell if they don't work out.

Good luck.

PS. I have two shields that I use, a tall one for the cooler seasons and a shorter one for the hotter periods of the year.

I'm in complete agreement with the previous post. That being said, I put a V-Stream on my R1150RT and it made an enormous positive difference. On the strength of that experience, I bought a V-Stream for my R1200RT and was unimpressed. I guess you pay your money and you take your chances. You can always put it up for sale in the Flea Market.:dunno

when I had my R1100RT I bought a +2" Cee Baily for it. it was an improvment, but not great. Then I purchased a +6" Cee Baily w/ the Euro top curve. It was the best shield I've ever owned. I'm 6" 1" and like to look over a shield. but if caught in the rain, I could raise it for more protection.

6"1" with a 2004 RT and have CeeBailey's with Euro cut and four inches over stock. Works great in the down position gives me a nice flow of air when it is hot, raise it one inch and puts me and my passenger in a very nice calm air zone.

Back