• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Officially new to MOA - guest member for years

corn5909

Fun Handle
Hello to MOAs -

Bought my first BMW in 2007 and recently got my 2nd from the local Las Vegas shop. Lived and ridden around the west coast, including California, Nevada, Washington, Oregon and Idaho.

I've been a stealth member of the MOA stealing technical advise from this forum as a guest and figured it was time to get involved. Got to say I've always been impressed by the great members and civility on the forum. Plus there's some super helpful advise on here (I need more of that all the time).

So - any other desert rats on this forum???

Welcome to the forum...officially. :laugh

Post a pic of the bike when you get a chance.

I am not a desert rat but I will be in your neck of the woods in late November. I will be renting an RT for a ride out to DV if you are interested in meeting up. Send me a PM if you are interested, likely the 26th or 27th would be the date.

Scot

A go fast bike. A go far bike.

My rides.

- Scot, if I'm still in Vegas when November rolls around - I'd be happy to run out to DV. Perfect time of year to do it, I bet. We can chat about the islands since half my family lives in Kahului!

Attachments

• krev.jpg
    krev.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1034.jpg
    IMG_1034.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 52
Welcome.

Thanks for the pics of your bike.

Looks like a speeding ticket in waiting! Of course your right wrist may not turn as fast as mine. :laugh

Hope to read more of your posts.

I am a desert rat! My bike is fast, too, but not as fast as yours, just lighter.

Desert rats unite!

I am a desert rat! My bike is fast, too, but not as fast as yours, just lighter.

Well I have always lived near the coast since I've been riding - so a lot of tips on this forum came in handy when I moved. I can ride relatively comfortably at 105 degrees now with the proper equipment.

Funny, I stop at 105. I have ridden in hotter, and gotten ill from it. Now I don't.

Back