• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Need some boots that add an inch or two to my height

I was in a traffic jam for several miles with about ten thousand other bikers on A1A in Daytona wearing a pair of those Vibram soled logging boots. Foot caught on peg, bike down with foot caught under it. Gal jumped off the back of a Harley and helped right my Japanese cruiser and get me unstuck. I just kept repeating none of these people know me, none of these people know me. I'll never see them again.

I think I'd get a couple of used shock/springs and have the spring shortened until I had a reasonable riding height.
Here it comes:
unsafe
shouldn't alter
void warrenty
affect handling
yada, yada, yada.
If you ever did anything to bottom out the lowered suspension I hope you will be wearing a good boxers mouthpiece or have a dentist in the family. I've come close and it hurts, believe me.

It's dangerous now. It's going to fall over. Pick your poison.

And even worse, while you're laying there in your Madonna boots with a broken leg you'll remember - That jerk told me this would happen.

Last edited:
About 1966, a sleepy Harley Davidson/Schwinn shop in Saint Joseph, Missouri (50 miles north of Kansas City).

Rider, turned out to be a Brit, rides up on a Royal Enfield twin. He was short and the motorcycle was the tallest that anybody had ever seen. He rides parallel to the curb, stops with one foot on the sidewalk, dismounts and goes about his business like its the way everybody always does it. Love those stories (this one I know to be true). I just don't want to be this guy or the Rollie Free in the shower cap and speedo's doing it.

Flat footing is a dance we Hillbillys do and the only kind of flat footing I have ever been able to do. My short inseam and old age pretty much rules out the newer BMWs. My "cruiser" BMW may be my last.

These ought to work

Good height on the heel and plenty of room for the calf. Fits all your requirements.

DW

Attachments

• heels.jpg
    heels.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 56
Back