• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New member does ABS module fix

mwkayser

Hello,

I just finished installing my repaired ABS module for my '07 R1200RT. The unit failed at 14,000 miles at the end of a 2,000 mile road trip that my wife and I made recently. While I was upset about the part failure, the project ended up being very satisfying. Module Master's in Moscow, ID repaired the module, and I could not be more pleased. Their reasonably priced work included a five-year warranty; it saved me hundreds of dollars on the part alone.

I have had this bike for about four years, having owned a 1980 R100 for about fifteen years prior to this purchase. While I miss the older bike at times (it was a bit lighter) I have really enjoyed the RT and am looking forward to adding some more miles soon.

Mark Kayser
Tryon, NC

Mark -

Welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear about the failure but looks like you've found a great repair source. Hope you've been able to build up some miles. If you get a chance and figure out how, post a picture in the Hexhead/Camhead forum thread for pictures...ask if you need some help.

ABS Module

Hello,

I just finished installing my repaired ABS module for my '07 R1200RT. The unit failed at 14,000 miles at the end of a 2,000 mile road trip that my wife and I made recently. While I was upset about the part failure, the project ended up being very satisfying. Module Master's in Moscow, ID repaired the module, and I could not be more pleased. Their reasonably priced work included a five-year warranty; it saved me hundreds of dollars on the part alone.

I have had this bike for about four years, having owned a 1980 R100 for about fifteen years prior to this purchase. While I miss the older bike at times (it was a bit lighter) I have really enjoyed the RT and am looking forward to adding some more miles soon.

Mark Kayser
Tryon, NC

Mark,
Do you know if it was the electric motor.? I'm experenceing the same problem dealer said it was the motor

Back