• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

After 30 years it finally happened:-(

don_ski

Donski
Went for a short ride to fill up the tank for today's tour and parked in the garage, thinking about something else and did not put down the side stand. Boy, what a surprise as I found myself wedged in between the wall, wife's bicycle and the lawn mower! Needless to say, very embarrassed and got some scratches on the side bag and minor damage on valve cover! Bot, how did I forget my visual check of the side stand?

Anyone know if you can get replacement covers for the side bags?

About a year ago I put the sidestand down but apparently not forward enough because when I dismounted, the bike followed me to the left and I was kinda pinned between it and the old Honda, holding it up and calling for my wife who was nearby. She held the bike and took just enough weight off me so I could regain my posture and finally put it up on the stand. Not a bit of damage (except to me ego) since I was the soft thing that kept the BMW from falling into the Honda.

Took me about 30 years to do the same stupid thing. The only problem was I was in the middle of a busy parking lot with people watching. I now kill the engine with the side stand switch.

I bet you were day dreaming about winning another bike

The real important think, did you damage the wife's bike. That could be a lasting mistake she will bring up for the next 25 years.

I guess just about everyone has done something like that at least once. I remember getting stuck between my boxer and a gas pump. Had to ask my date to rescue me.

Spray on pickup truck liner

Scraped up a side bag a few years back and someone on the forum suggested spraying them with black truck bed liner. Comes in a can and is inexpensive. Thought about wrapping stickers around the cans and calling it Saddlebag Touch Up Spray.

Wayne Koppa
Grayling, MI
#71449 Life

Back