• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Anyone have experience with OlympiaMotosports Textile Jackets?

Vuulfie

I'm considering buying one of their jackets that was rated in Motorcycle Rider Magazine. They are on the East coast and I live in California. There are no dealers out here that carry Olympia Motosports stuff. They were willing to ship directly but I'm still a bit skepical about the company and was wondering if anyone has any experience with this company.

Recommendations for other vented textile jackets would be good too:) :)

Vuulfie said:
I'm considering buying one of their jackets that was rated in Motorcycle Rider Magazine. They are on the East coast and I live in California. There are no dealers out here that carry Olympia Motosports stuff. They were willing to ship directly but I'm still a bit skepical about the company and was wondering if anyone has any experience with this company.

Recommendations for other vented textile jackets would be good too:) :)
I have an Olympia Motosport (mens AirGlide in Silver)jacket and pants.. It's 95 and about the same humidty today, and as long as I am moving I am COMFORTABLE.. It's multilayerd mesh and the wind does get through. Both jacket and pants are very comfortable to wear, and have driven 100 miles in the rain at 50 degrees and arrived home safe, dry and warm... I think it was Money well spent. I got mine form Bob's BMW (bobsbmw.com) for $199 for the jacket and I THINK $179 for the pants..
Everyplace you want or need padding, or armor it's there.. Elbows, back, hips, knees.. Shoulders.. all well protected..

DRAWBACK, NOT waterproof without the liners, and the liners are winter weight.. NOT good when it's 80 degreees and raining.. I just went to their site yesterday to see if they offered a summer weight waterproof liner, they don't.. but I guess getting wet when it's 80 isn't TOO bad!!

http://www.bobsbmw.com/apparel/Three_Season_Jackets.html

Last edited:
i am three weeks into owning a Hein Gericke Edge mesh jacket and I love it. it has enough mesh to let in a breeze but has good protection on the sleeves, back and what not.

http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=57-6603

best $80 i have spent in a long time. ridden at 94 degrees with michigan humidity and it went fine. not waterproof, but i have a waterproof jacket in my saddlebags so.......................

My ole Lady has the airglide jacket and it is pretty sharp. The armor is top-notch. It has cordura at the potential abrasion areas and not mesh. I think it is very well constructed. Will probably get her the pants next month. The zip in-out liner is really nice-seems windproof. She is wearing the combo on our trip out west next month and plans to take a seperate rain suit(pvc) to put over it if it pours. Its hard to have the best of all climates in one jacket, i think carrying a seperate over garmet is reasonable. Besides like ItsBob said, if its 80-90 and raining, getting wet will feel good. All of their gear Ive seen in person is really nice and well priced.

Screw liners. Just throw Frogg Toggs over the suit. 1) you don't have to remove your riding gear like you do when you add a liner. 2) FT's are not terribly expensive. 3) FT's *BREATHE.* 4)FT's pack small.

Frogg Toggs

Couldn't agree more on the FroggToggs. $70 or so and they WORK. They're always in my tank bag. Whatever you're wearing for riding, the ability to quiqkly don weatherproofing allows you to ride cooler normally.

Frogg Togs - Sizing?

I almost bought a set of Frogg Togs last week but wasn't sure about what size to buy. I wear a size "L" jacket but couldn't figure out if size "L" Frogg Togs would go over my gear or if I needed to go one size larger. What did you guys do?

John

John Brase said:
I almost bought a set of Frogg Togs last week but wasn't sure about what size to buy. I wear a size "L" jacket but couldn't figure out if size "L" Frogg Togs would go over my gear or if I needed to go one size larger. What did you guys do?

John

I tried them on, and bought the ones that fit. If you are going to the national, I bet you will find them there.

TZOLK said:
My ole Lady has the airglide jacket and it is pretty sharp. The armor is top-notch. It has cordura at the potential abrasion areas and not mesh. I think it is very well constructed. Will probably get her the pants next month. The zip in-out liner is really nice-seems windproof. She is wearing the combo on our trip out west next month and plans to take a seperate rain suit(pvc) to put over it if it pours. Its hard to have the best of all climates in one jacket, i think carrying a seperate over garmet is reasonable. Besides like ItsBob said, if its 80-90 and raining, getting wet will feel good. All of their gear Ive seen in person is really nice and well priced.
When I picked up my bike at Bobs, it was raining, and in the 40's to low 50's.. salesman saw the $$$ as he showed me riding gear to get my butt home.. (a 100 mile trip). i bought the Olympia jacket and pants, and with the liners in I was WARM and dry.. but THANK GOD for Heated hand Grips.. Kept looking down to see if there was steam coming off of my wet hands!!

i've got olympia mesh pants, with a zip in liner. i rode them up to escanaba and back, and they were great. i definitely rode in all four seasons on that trip, and they help up.

veg - i'll agree with you on the 'screw liners' things down south, but up north i think it makes less sense. it's usually cold enough up there to wear your liner most of the time. when i ride here in texas, and it rains (very infrequent where i am) i put an el cheapo pair of walmart rain pants (that breathe a little) over the olympia mesh pants. (during summer, like right now, i PRAY for rain and ride TOWARDS storms to get soaked and cool off. ;)

back to olympia - i've also got two pair of their gloves. one is a "texas winter" glove, meaning it works great down here below 60F and down to about 40F. when i got to escanaba (ok, when i got to northern illinois!) i realized that i needed a better winter glove. so i bought a pair of "yooper winter" gloves, also olympia. they rocked!

olympia gear has held up well for me and i cant complain. there is better stuff out there for sure, but i think they are a high value brand - you get a lot for what it costs.

AGV AeroMesh

I picked up an AGV AeroMesh jacket, also highly rated in the magazines...CE armour and lets the breeze flow through nicely. It came in handy on my SuperMoto tour/blast through the Tuscan Mountains a few weeks ago...104 at the bottom and not much cooler on the way up...

Thanks for the Info---I've got one on order now

I decided on the Olympia Commando Utility Jacket and it should be delivered next week according to my new best friend Kevin Rhea (the owner). I liked the fact that it's got a removable liner and pockets, lots of pockets! I may go ahead and get the pants too... we'll see.

Thanks to all in the forum for your helpful information.

Besides I'll hunt each and every one of you down that recommended Olympia if I don't like it... ;)

Ive found that Kevin responds to your E-Mails if you send him a question. I really hope He succeeds in his endeavors!

Airglide 3 jacket & Recon 3 Pants

Just received Airglide 3 Jacket & Recon 3 Pants for a trip to FLA next month.
Airglide 3 looks like a closeout on most sites.
I read posts that it is good to get a size up and got XL. Glad I did.
I am 5'10, 190 and wear 40R suit jacket.
Fits great, can't wait to take it riding.
Looks and feels like good quality materials and workmanship.
Recon3 Pants size 36 (I am a about a 35 waist) Fit well. Legs a bit long, but not a major problem.
The side zippers stop about 6" from bottom w/ velcro to close around top of boot, so could be easily hemmed, but w/ boot on should be fine.
Zippers at back of jacket and top of pants match perfectly.
Three layers. Looking forward to testing on ride.

I've worn Olympia Airglide jacket and pants for thousands of miles. I use the quilted waterproof liners to keep warm and carry Frogg Toggs to protect from rain. I find them comfortable from the low 40's to 90's. If cold and wet, I wear both the liners and the FT...I like redundancy.

The jacket and pants have been washed many times and clean up well.

They have convenient pockets.

The only thing I don't care for is the bulkiness of the pants...I feel like I am wearing a snow suit in the heat. They do the job and are comfortable, but it is an appearance thing I find true of nearly all mesh riding pants.

The liners also make great pajamas if it turns cold when camping.

I have the Airglide jacket and pants and love them. The liner is ok down to about 45 degrees then it's time for the heated vest. My only complaint is with the pants. The leg zippers are not two way so if you need to get in your pants underneath you have to unzip the whole leg. When it rains I just put on the rain gear. Jerry

I decided on the Olympia Commando Utility Jacket and it should be delivered next week according to my new best friend Kevin Rhea (the owner). I liked the fact that it's got a removable liner and pockets, lots of pockets! I may go ahead and get the pants too... we'll see.

Thanks to all in the forum for your helpful information.

Besides I'll hunt each and every one of you down that recommended Olympia if I don't like it... ;)

I've used the OLYMPIA X-Moto jacket and pants for several years now - excellent garments! By changing out the insulated or waterproof liners, it's a very versatile system.

The jacket vents really well for warm/hot weather riding, yet when I was cruising the Rockies last week with my son, which found us above the timberline on Pike's Peak, the snow drifts above our head at 12,000+ were just pretty to look at - no shivering or discomfort.

Solid products and I've met Kevin Rhea - great guy and passionate about his wares. :thumb

And you can hunt me down if you need to - never make it past my perimeter defenses though!! ;)

Liner Out

I've found I can wear the water/wing proof liner over the jacket and pants. Easier on/off and don't go to the one-piece rain suit anywhere near home.

I wear the Olympia AST jacket and Ranger pants. These aren't mesh, which seems to be what you are looking for, but I can attest to the excellent quality and design of the Oly gear. It's not up to Aerostich standards and mine had several loose thread ends and one damaged snap, found loose in a pocket - all the required snaps were in place. But they make pretty good stuff and a reasonable price, so I'd recommend them. Their website has sizing information if you want to order their gear.

pete

Back