• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Dayton to Salem and wandering home again.

binkleylane

BinkleyLane
Tomorrow marks the beginning of a long anticipated journey. What a great feeling to finally be heading out on about a seven k mile trip. Some planned and the return.
The first day is from home to Elgin IL. there I meet my riding partner for the trip to Salem. Some camping and hoteling along US 20 timed to arrive on Wednesday to help set up and registration.
LG.

Bob

Corn, heat and local color

Sunday 6:30am.
It has been a busy two days. It is funny how time compresses when every minute of the day is busy, busy.
So here is a brief recap in the short time I have available. It is another early start today.
Currently we are in O'Neill, NE at a Super 8.
I left Dayton around 8am Friday at arrive in Elgin for dinner with Mary and Carla. US 35 north to US 20 west and straight across Indiana and into Illinois. Impressions, CORN, CORN and some more corn. I cannot imagine the volume of corn and there is more. Where does it all go?
Great dinner and gab. So Mary has a RT with all the appropriate farkles for touring, a few that I will have to investigate. Illium floorboards, humm.
Here is a problem some smarter person that I could help us solve. We both have Sena intercoms. They will not pair and now that we have attempted to pair them they will not pair with the other systems that they were previously pairs with. Ant thoughts from wiser folks that me would be appreciated.
We left Elgin about 7 with breakfast in Rockford at a mom and pop. Carla rode out with us, the about 700 miles of corn with some beans for flavor. Oh, a couple of feed lots for smell shock.
O'Neill on Saturday night! Summer Fest. what a hoot. Sam Adams, Dairy Queen and a vintage car show.
Have to go, Many miles to do, Life is good

Sunday 6:30am.
Impressions, CORN, CORN and some more corn. I cannot imagine the volume of corn and there is more. Where does it all go?

Ever hear of Ethanol? :)

Hope you enjoy your ride...ride safe and watch for forest rats! They love corn too.

Ken

Back