• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

A TV upgrade....19" CRT tv to 24" flat-screen. Sheds about 40lbs even with the Mor-Ride swivel FS mount. New back-up camera and Blu-Ray player as well. This gear is original and starting to give me some "trouble". I'm receiving 40 Over The Air air stations and don't need the converter box anymore.
Would be nice to have better things programming wise. It's nice to be able to catch the news and weather.
OM

I like those lights Gary, I could use about 8 of those in mine.

I hope to get my sidecar in time before the rally to get it put on my GS :)

DSC_3166-M.jpg

Nice rig!
The lights are making a difference. While I have installed a "smart" converter- what a difference, the converters cooling fan still came on. Since the new LED lights, haven't noticed the fan on.
Gary

I like those lights Gary, I could use about 8 of those in mine.

I hope to get my sidecar in time before the rally to get it put on my GS :)

View attachment 61149

Yeah, whole fixtures Steve-

81TZYLMtyML._SL1500_.jpg

That is the double, there is a single. They are PerFit sold by RecPro via Amazon. $16.95 ea for the double. Did 6 doubles and a single with a spare of each.
Not much use yet but they all came to life right out of the package......A good sign :)
Gary

Nice Gary.........So the fixtures just screw and fit right into place for the double light fixtures with the sliding off, one bulb, two bulb lights???........that is just to far out.....Sure would be good in the Airbnb Airstream where the Pilgrim Snowflakes don't understand that the batteries have just so much power and no you cant turn on all 20 light fixtures in the trailer and just leave them on. Then I get a call around 1am saying that they have no heat because the furnace wont come on......Wonder why they have no power to run the fan or fire the thermocouple????.........lol....."OK idiot, who paid no attention when I advised you how to run the place....Go out and fire up the generator" "NO I AM NOT COMING UP THERE TO DO IT FOR YOU"........
Yes, true what they do. So many other little funnies; but it's better than the Airstream sitting in the barn unused for another season till we use it again.........

Nice Gary.........So the fixtures just screw and fit right into place for the double light fixtures with the sliding off, one bulb, two bulb lights???........that is just to far out.....Sure would be good in the Airbnb Airstream where the Pilgrim Snowflakes don't understand that the batteries have just so much power and no you cant turn on all 20 light fixtures in the trailer and just leave them on. Then I get a call around 1am saying that they have no heat because the furnace wont come on......Wonder why they have no power to run the fan or fire the thermocouple????.........lol....."OK idiot, who paid no attention when I advised you how to run the place....Go out and fire up the generator" "NO I AM NOT COMING UP THERE TO DO IT FOR YOU"........
Yes, true what they do. So many other little funnies; but it's better than the Airstream sitting in the barn unused for another season till we use it again.........
Whole fixture swap Dennis. Some of them are controlled by a wall switch and some from the switch you can see. In the "main" area, two fixtures come on from the wall although you could use the switch on the fixture(s) to shut one off.
I do remember the old fixtures that the slide switch selected one side or both. These don't do that.
Gary

Is this your main home or is it a home away from home?

only when I bring home another bike and not telling my CFO "LOL"

I do use it for several things, I do Scottish Festivals so I use this instead of hotels, I measured it the other day to make sure the sidecar I am getting will fit. :thumb

Bump

A little early for some, but anybody have a new addition or an upgrade to existing RV's?

We are looking to move up a size with our toyhauler to be able to leave bikes in the garage area if needed .Our current Carson Fun Runner unit is a little snug if you need to spend the night before reaching your destination or a rainy nite at setup.
PA270015.jpg

We looked at a Lance 26' last night that was sold, but his bro in law is selling his almost identical unit as both have gotten to the age of leaving toys at home and downsizing. Still a bumper pull that works fine for us.The one we looked at has some nice upgrades on top of some nice standard features, the bro in laws is supposed to be as nice.

Have always thought the truck campers Lance makes were pretty nice and well put together...but would think close quarters for more than a few days wouldn't work in our household:fight

Anyways...season is coming:dance

With 70+* here today I took the motorhome out for a bit of a "limber up" run. Spring is coming :)
OM

Practice

A little early for some, but anybody have a new addition or an upgrade to existing RV's?

We are looking to move up a size with our toyhauler to be able to leave bikes in the garage area if needed .Our current Carson Fun Runner unit is a little snug if you need to spend the night before reaching your destination or a rainy nite at setup.
View attachment 66572

We looked at a Lance 26' last night that was sold, but his bro in law is selling his almost identical unit as both have gotten to the age of leaving toys at home and downsizing. Still a bumper pull that works fine for us.The one we looked at has some nice upgrades on top of some nice standard features, the bro in laws is supposed to be as nice.

Have always thought the truck campers Lance makes were pretty nice and well put together...but would think close quarters for more than a few days wouldn't work in our household:fight

Anyways...season is coming:dance

Practice in case you need to carry five people on two motorcycles

Camping with the Bike

But what does it look like on the inside???

Camping with the bike and a tent is fine for some trips for just me. Other trips, if I want the wife to come, need a bit more comfort. Makes a world of difference, and since she's the one traveling with me, it's her opinion that is most important. For storms, bugs, AC, kitchen, nice bed, bathroom, running water it's hard to beat the RV. Picture attached. Bike goes in the back and sits in a cradle, self contained living no matter what the weather. See pic...Camper.jpg

Helen has so much energy, that's probably how she wakes up each morning :)

keeps me moving:dance. Dawn to way past Dusk:laugh

Yeah, we will take off on bikes for weeks and mix camping and hoteling.Enjoy the tent camping with a few wet day camp set up or breakdowns just an added bonus we can laugh at later.

The ability to move a hard base camp and take the dogs makes locking/leaving the compound easier.We have located base camp in a central location to many day rides and having a truck allows for all sorts of issues or different activities as we will take bicycles and kayaks since we have room.

I can crawl out of a tent for a week or so, but opening a door and having a familiar home and its perks at the end of the day is pretty sweet...especially when that lingering front blows in:thumb

This was a few spots away from us this weekend :jawdrop

Had quite the set of retractable stairs !

P1020458.jpg

P1020460.jpg

The guy was not out and about any of the walk or ride-by's we did. Wanted to peek around more.
The fella had some cool touches, but I kept thinking about forgetting how high off the ground when stepping out in the dark :laugh

The water/grey water tanks matched the fuel...and he has saddle tanks. Seems like one rear SS fuel tank may have been a storage pod.The rear set tapers at the drag point. Had a Honda Element or such as his tow behind

I heard it roar and stall as he was leveling on blocks...big puff of smoke at tires and stacks!

With that kind of rig he could have had a bus as his “toad”. :ha
I’m itching to head out in my rig.
OM

That rig belongs to Charlie Nichols from Madison, NH. He's an old friend of mine (we were in the Peace Corps together). He & his wife are on a long winter swing thru the south and he's been traveling around Texas for the last few weeks. He built the rig and fabricated a lot of the goodies himself...quite a resourceful guy. I believe it's pretty much a standard Airstream trailer that he mounted on the Kenworth chassis. The Kenworth has been modified quite bit also. He's a retired long haul trucker which might partly explain why he went that route.

He's also an old motorcycle guy and a Bonneville racer who built his bike up from a junked Suzuki Katana. It has a turbocharged 2 cyl Chinese diesel engine (much modified, of course) and he holds a few FIM speed records for the class (I forget what class). I was his pit crew a few years ago...quite an experience.

I'll let him know he made it into the MOA forum, he'll get a kick out of it.

Back