Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Official MOA RV thread...

Back in the 1980s use to 1] drain then 2] blow out the water systems with air. Is that still done now days?

Quote Originally Posted by EUGENE View Post
    Back in the 1980s use to 1] drain then 2] blow out the water systems with air. Is that still done now days?
    Still do that with air chuck adapter on fresh water entry and bypass valve to water heater closed...LOW pressure!
    Steve Henson-Mod Team and past prez SABMWRA

Be decisive, right or wrong.The road of life is paved with
    flat squirrels who couldn't make a decision~unknown

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    I add RV antifreeze, the pink stuff, as well. Kinda nice with the Pex plumbing as you can see that everything was cleared of fresh water.
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Really proud of the way you have gone in that trailer and done what shouldve been done by the factory. The appliances are another story with that water heater being an example. They do wear out. Just like that water heater. How long do they last in your house......Anyway; but having to go in and replace a floor or the frame that has become bent is a common problem and is why most RV's don't last a bunch of years. Doing what you have done will bring that unit up to a standard that will have it lasting a LONG time and meet your needs like a straight factory one never will..........Anyway, it's a great thing that you have done and it's pretty much a never ending story...........How are the axles???????? Just a joke....BUT REAL.......God bless...Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    I add RV antifreeze, the pink stuff, as well. Kinda nice with the Pex plumbing as you can see that everything was cleared of fresh water.
    OM
    For me, I did that for many years in the Airstream, and then a few years ago, invested in a little on sale compressor that I stow on board. Makes up to 100 PSI in a tank. I have a fitting that goes on the water inlet. Put that on the water inlet, build up pressure on the tank to 30 PSI or so and hook the output to that inlet fitting.........Go in the trailer and open all the water valves one at a time....out comes the water for sure. DONT FORGET THE LITTLE SHOWER NOZZLE ON THE TOILET.

i do all of that and then drain the fresh water tank and hot water tank. A cup or so of the pink stuff goes into the trap on the sinks and shower and WAHHH LAHH....It's done in 10 minutes and come next use just hook some water, plug the hot water and head out............For me, easy peasy.......God bless.....Dennis

I just do it both ways Dennis. I find the overlap letís me get everything. Flushing the toilet with the pink stuff helps the internal parts. I find the most forgotten s the outside shower followed by the water filter(s).
    Hoping for a better travel year in Ď21.
    OM
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Thanks Dennis, definitely know it was a worthwhile repair/ upgrade that added a more solid feel to interior overall. Having gone through systems and having a fellow do a major inspection, even the axles look good... for now!
    We have had good luck overall with the units we have owned. Have only needed general maintenance other than upgrade installs.
    We both had sailboats and motorboats and houses on barrier islands among other life lessons, so used to some work on them to enjoy them. Oh yeah, then there are the bicycles and motorcycles
    Steve Henson-Mod Team and past prez SABMWRA

Be decisive, right or wrong.The road of life is paved with
    flat squirrels who couldn't make a decision~unknown

In the ďHe who dies with the most toys winsĒ, it is nice to other contenders
    OM
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

I've had this 2012 FunFinder 24' TT since 2013.

It weighs 3,700# dry and pulls fine with my 2019 Honda Ridgeline.

I've had several different tow vehicles over the years, started with an 07 Ridgeline, then went to a 13 F150 with the 3.5 EcoBoost, then a 17 F150 with 3.5 EcoBoost before going back to the 19 Ridgeline.

The Ridgeline does the job, the picture was taken at 9,000 feet in the Bighorns during my Sturgis Rally Escape last August.

The F150s would both pull it easier - set the cruise at whatever speed you wanted and it maintained the speed consuming 7-9 mpg.
    The Ridgeline will maintain 65 mph on level ground and maintained 50 mph going up US16 over the Bighorns running in 3rd/4th gear 4500 rpm.

SWMBO doesn't ride and doesn't complain when I do so this is a way we do stuff together.

Were I alone I'd have a Class B and tow the bike on a trailer.
    The only dumb question is the unasked question!

Team Pterodactyl - When we ride, we ride!

Quote Originally Posted by bigjohnsd View Post
    The Ridgeline does the job...
    Do you notice a difference in build quality between the Fords and the Hondas, John?

I guess many of the locals must do the Sturgis Escape, eh?
    Rinty

Quote Originally Posted by Rinty View Post
    Do you notice a difference in build quality between the Fords and the Hondas, John?
    Both of my Fords were well built and equal in overall quality to the Honda. When I bought the first Ford I was doing a lot of towing to the West Coast dealing with aging parents. The extra 100 hp & torque provided by the 3.5 Turbo really helped going over the Rockies and the Sierras. The Ridgeline suits my needs now that I don't have to make those trips.

I guess many of the locals must do the Sturgis Escape, eh?
    Many rent their houses and leave town, some just leave.
    I owned the Honda/Yamaha dealership for 5 years, it was a great ten days then. Once I sold I worked for a guy in Sturgis during the Rally for 10 years installing windshields just to remain "connected" with the Rally/Industry.

Last year was the second year I didn't work and the first year we left town.

The Ridgeline does the job, the picture was taken at 9,000 feet in the Bighorns during my Sturgis Rally Escape last August.
    I suspect the real reason this combination works is drivers skill/technique
    OM
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by bigjohnsd View Post

The F150s would both pull it easier - set the cruise at whatever speed you wanted and it maintained the speed consuming 7-9 mpg.
    The Ridgeline will maintain 65 mph on level ground and maintained 50 mph going up US16 over the Bighorns running in 3rd/4th gear 4500 rpm.

What kind of mileage did you get with the Ridgeline?
    Last edited by Lee; 12-20-2020 at 05:38 PM.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    What kind of mileage did you get with the Ridgeline?
    The normal running mix of Highway/Town 21-22mpg,
    Towing flat no headwind 11-12 drops to 9-10 in headwind or hills.

Careful.... before you know it he will have you driving a Ridgeline. One minute Iím driving my Tundra, then before I realized what was happening Iím in a new Ridgeline. Heís insidious.
    Kevin Huddy
    Silver City, Montana
    MOA# 24,790 Ambassador