• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum
Thanks BUD.........and all.........The barn floor was just digging out a bunch of ore from the chert quarry next door used as fill. The price was right and it really does become hard as concrete. Probably 50 truck loads of it were used to bring the hill the barn is on to level.......I dont believe in having a bunch of debt. The BUS IS PAID FOR, AS IS THE BARN. LOL......Digging out that 3' X 10' X 40' using the tractor I OWN is a whole lot cheaper than a concrete crew and materials.........So, now, on the funds saved, allows months of travel.
God is so good.......Dennis

For those who haven’t seen or this could be a reminder, there is a pretty good show on the Discovery Channel called The RVers. It shows at 08:00 on the Discovery Channel, Saturday mornings and later on in the week on some PBS stations.

https://thervers.tv/

OM

RV There Yet?

For those that enjoy RV TV shows, there is a new show out- https://www.rvthereyettv.com/

Pretty good show. They travel around and highlight travel destinations.

For those without TV access, you should be able to view most of the content via internet/computer.

OM

For those that enjoy RV TV shows, there is a new show out- https://www.rvthereyettv.com/

Pretty good show. They travel around and highlight travel destinations.

For those without TV access, you should be able to view most of the content via internet/computer.

OM

Looks like a good show to get ideas on places to visit.
Last night I watched the first 4 shows of season 2.

Tuson Sway Control

I just watched a segment on this new sway control device. I like the theory and the test looked promising.
If you have ever sone some toeing and had the "Tail Wagging the Dog" experience, you probably remember how terrifying the experience can be. While weight distributing hitches and "friction" sway controls help, this should be a better way of taming the trailer sway.

https://tusonrvbrakes.com/products/tuson-sway-control-tsc-1000

From RVing Today TV-

With spring on the way, it's a good time to consider what may be needed for successful RVing in 2023.

OM

Propride hitch

The Pro Pride 3P hitch (based on the Hensley design) is absolutely the best solution I've ever found for "uneventful" towing. I tow a 23' Lance trailer with my F 150 and literally don't know the trailer is back there. Ridiculously expensive, but worth it in my opinion.

https://store.propridehitch.com/propride-3p-vs-hensley-arrow?

We had a Propride 3P hitch on our Adrenaline Toy Hauler. It was awesome. They are truly expensive, but they work. We've since sold off the camper and the hitch, but were I to buy another trailer for camping, I would start out there and not ever look back. They are that good.

Jerry

So you made me look it up.
When you said expensive, you weren't exaggerating.

If you consider the combined cost of your trailer and your tow vehicle, it begins to make more sense for safe, confident towing. Kinda like a BMW bike owner trying to save a couple of dollars on an oil change. :)

Well, out of the club for now. We made the decision to let the Toyhauler go after buying the Arkansas house.
One of those sad to see it go, but, glad to see it go kind of days. Kept its value and one less thing to move. All good… for now!

The purchasers had recently sold their 5th wheel and couldn’t stand it and drove down from OK/TX borderlands to pick up.
Weird watching it leave from that angle

1E464312-363D-4A1A-A4CD-8618C11FC36C.jpeg

At the doctor...

The fuel pump started showing signs so it's getting replaced before it's too late. The tech appreciated me bringing it in almost empty.

Two freakin' thousand dollars. :eek

At least it got worked on in the nice clean retail customer shop and not the nasty old big truck shop!

LazyDaze_KenWilson.jpg

Well, out of the club for now. We made the decision to let the Toyhauler...

Man, that had to hurt. I sure wish they sold rigs like this back when we bought ours, which was to support our son's motocross racing. This has to be the perfect setup for bikes, and with a separate power unit you can get around once camped.

I bet you get another one!

Ian

We were talking the other night, maybe the day after it rolled away, and H said” we could take the trail…” stopped mid sentence and dropped the F-bomb laughing!
I won’t say never again cause nothing like having your home base nearby wherever you are.

Her sister sold her bumper pull and got a Winnebago Dodge setup. Perfect for her solo and ok with one of her besties. She asked last night if the new place is wired for her! The PO did have a trailer on the hill so I know one can get up there.

Ouch on fuel pump, the rv forums can be scary to read lately!

Saw this and figured I'd introduce mine...

We bought a 2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor during the Covid summer. Spent that school year home schooling the kids and spent 11 weeks on the road. July will be 3 years with it and we've put around 35k miles on it all around the country. I think we've hit 30 states with it so far and a lot of great memories.

Even though it was drivable when we bought it, we've done a huge amount of work and done it all ourselves. I've also done a lot of modifications including converting from a big giant mechanical fan to electric fans (lots of work went into that), 1200W rooftop solar, and an interior remodel.

We tow a 1997 Land Rover Discovery behind it, which is a great toad. We have a motorcycle trailer, but our trips are almost always with the kids, so it doesn't usually get hitched behind. With all three of them riding dirt bikes now, maybe at some point we'll be able to head out west to some better riding than Kansas offers.

bus.jpg

We bought a 2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor during the Covid summer. Spent that school year home schooling the kids and spent 11 weeks on the road. July will be 3 years with it and we've put around 35k miles on it all around the country. I think we've hit 30 states with it so far and a lot of great memories.

Even though it was drivable when we bought it, we've done a huge amount of work and done it all ourselves. I've also done a lot of modifications including converting from a big giant mechanical fan to electric fans (lots of work went into that), 1200W rooftop solar, and an interior remodel.

We tow a 1997 Land Rover Discovery behind it, which is a great toad. We have a motorcycle trailer, but our trips are almost always with the kids, so it doesn't usually get hitched behind. With all three of them riding dirt bikes now, maybe at some point we'll be able to head out west to some better riding than Kansas offers.

View attachment 91318

Very cool story….and planning. :clap
OM

We bought a 2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor during the Covid summer….

Nice rig! … cool color combo.

About 5 years ago we made the investment in a refurb at the Lazy Daze factory in CA (who, unfortunately, just closed permanently). Outside of mileage, a near-new camper for 25% of new.

Then, this year, after very close consideration of using my motovan to pull a new Oliver Trailer (built like tanks) we decided to keep our LD and add a toad.

The downside is no moto when pulling toad. I hope I can get used to that.

Of course my motovan works, but momma won’t fit in that along with the bike. First world problems! :dunno

95CAC148-5A0C-44AA-B5F2-11914820F24F.jpg

Back